PDA

View Full Version : Support our troop.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-27-2008, 03:20 AM
As we all know, Anthony is going through a hard time in his life...

I noticed in the FFIV thread that he talked about wanting the game but waiting until he got home. So I have a solution.

I am going to be purchasing Anthony an R4DS tomorrow, along with at least one 2 gigabyte MicroSD card.

After that, I will be uploading the games of his choice onto it and shipping it to wherever the hell he is in the desert.

Naturally, I would not even be offering if I could not handle it all by myself...

However, for those of us that grew up here...and grew up with him...we need to show him we support him in every way that we can.

Anything that you can do will help. PM me or post in this thread please. (You can buy another MicroSD card from newegg...maybe buy him a simple greeting card at the store...)

Goodnight.

Brasel
07-27-2008, 05:54 AM
Man, I really appreciate it, but you really don't have to. I'm really happy people are thinking of me, and hearing support from everyone really helps me out, but I really don't expect anyone to send me anything. :) Thanks for thinking of me.

Breaker
07-27-2008, 07:10 AM
buy an m3ds real. it's much more reliable and the firmware is much more up to date than r6. i recently bought mine from a website called gameyeeeah. if you need more information about it, join chat. we've been discussing and testing out different adapters and such for quite awhile in there.

http://www.gameyeeeah.com/m3-ds-real-card-rumble-ram-pack-p-805.html

they come in bundles that include a rumble pack and memory card. the kingston micromini cards come with adapters for plugging them into SD card slots, which most laptops/computers support.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Can't really hit up chat today...I'll be at work.

Do you know of a MicroSD compatibility list, Breaker?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2000070068+1053313634+1053131144&name=Micro+SDHC

Probably be safest just going with Sandisk or Kingston...what do you think?

Are the rumble packs actually any good? Will you link me to a place where I can purchase one?

I appreciate the help, because I will be pretty busy today.

MrCow
07-27-2008, 12:17 PM
I bought mine here http://www.realhotstuff.com/real-rumble-expansion-p-258.html.
I tried an adata sd card that doesnt produce the right speed, I got a pny 2 gig from bestbuy and it works perfectly. Everything I read says the japanese made kingstons are the best.

Masamune
07-27-2008, 12:33 PM
That's really the shit of you, man. :o

ctrl-alt-delete
07-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Alright, I am just going to go with a Kingston...

That is what I have with my R4, and it has worked really well.

Not sure how much data I am going to get...probably 8 gig.

Anthony, I need your mailing address(PM it to me...) and a complete list of every NDS game that you want. (I already have every NDS game 0001-2400 on my computer...)

Naturally, I might not be able to fit all of them, so prioritize it as you can. (Don't go overboard with this...that would take so much time.)

Other than that, I assume that you have access to a PC with a USB port, so you should be free to add/delete as you please.

Hit me up.

Trevelyan_06
07-27-2008, 06:12 PM
I suggest that in the package we also include an inflatable sheep, kilt, and 5 gallons of industrial lube. A man should have options when it comes to entertainment.

Breaker
07-27-2008, 06:55 PM
Probably be safest just going with Sandisk or Kingston...what do you think?

Are the rumble packs actually any good? Will you link me to a place where I can purchase one?

kingstons are the best... that website that i linked you to INCLUDES a rumblepack and the kingston memory card (you have to add that). *facepalm* you didn't even click it did you?

ctrl-alt-delete
07-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Actually, yeah, I did...but I was drunk then, and I am drunk now. Lol.

Everything ordered. Still waiting to hear from Anthony.

Brasel
07-28-2008, 01:16 AM
Pssh, now I'm gonna have to hunt this guy down and buy him dinner. :P

Breaker
07-28-2008, 06:28 PM
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=208607727&adid=17070&dcaid=17070

this is a very good deal.

chao-hellsing
07-28-2008, 07:21 PM
I'll be praying for your safe return Anthony.
When will your TOD will be over?

ctrl-alt-delete
07-28-2008, 08:33 PM
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=208607727&adid=17070&dcaid=17070

this is a very good deal.

Yeah. I just went ahead and grabbed 2 M3DS Real's with the rumble pack, and two 8 gig SDHC cards.

As soon as I get a list from Anthony, I will upload the games of his choice and then ship one of each to him.

With my R4, I just bought a few 2 gig micro's like you linked to...and switched them out, since that is cheaper than buying a 4 gig.

However, since the Real supports SDHC, I figured I would save myself the trouble of having to switch out the card since 8 gigs should be way more than enough...

The added space will allow me to get into the homebrew...

Which leads me to my next question.

What are the best NES, SNES, etc. emulators for the M3?

What other homebrew software do you recommend?

Has the scene changed concerning GBA games? I assume you still need a slot 2 solution to play them?

Breaker
07-28-2008, 09:27 PM
yes you need a slot 2 card to play GBA games.. come by chat sometime for answers to your other questions. it would be against the rules to post them on the forum.