PDA

View Full Version : Scrolling Warp Error, please help

Khawner
07-25-2008, 07:54 PM
I set a scrolling warp to go to a certain screen. The scrolling warp works, and everything thats supposed to happen on the other screen happens, except for one little problem. The main character dissapears. Why do you think that is? I made sure that the "invisble link" thing isn't on, so what happened? Thanks in advance for your help.

Legend789
07-25-2008, 09:11 PM
This is probably not it, but is the place that you're scrolling to on a different DMap? If so, has it a different palette? If so is it Level 3 coloured, and have you checked the Level 3 Pal Fix quest rule?

If it's none of these. Give us all the info on both the warp and the Dmaps to and from the warp. Thanks :)

Khawner
07-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Yes, I'm scrolling to another Dmap
But I changed to pallete to make it the same as the previouse screen I warped from.
And I don't know what the level 3 pal fix quest rule is. :(

Legend789
07-25-2008, 10:40 PM
Yes, I'm scrolling to another Dmap
But I changed to pallete to make it the same as the previouse screen I warped from.
And I don't know what the level 3 pal fix quest rule is. :(So the pallete is the same as the previous screen, I understand?

Is there any other differences? Is it the same type of DMap (Overworld, Dungeon, &c.)? Same level number?

The level 3 pal fix rule does what it says :tongue: See? Back in the original Legend of Zelda, Level 3 changes the Link coloursets to a brighter hue, so Link looks a bit lighter (so would wooden objects and Zelda, in theory, no matter what ring you have). The Level 3 pal fix fixes that so Link is the same as everywhere else. However, to make a game true to Legend of Zelda, you don't turn on the Level 3 Pal fix.

Khawner
07-25-2008, 11:07 PM
Is there any other differences? Is it the same type of DMap (Overworld, Dungeon, &c.)? Same level number?

no, its not the same type. It warps from overworld, to dungeon. But I didn't really design it as a dungeon, I only callled it a dungeon so People with strings and items would appear without having to walk into a house or something like that. (and also so I could change the music)

Im not sure about the level number though, will that make a difference?

Legend789
07-25-2008, 11:12 PM
Oh, I see, you were going for a town type of area or something with stores outside? Some of the newer quests actually use Insta-warps to warp you to a dungeon screen when you step infront of a person that will activate the text, but that's a good way to go at it too (IIRC).

I don't really remember too well what would happen if you did that though, and I'd have to run a few tests. I don't have ZeldaClassic set up exactly to run and I was going to bed (I'm only here by whim of chance). I'm sorry. I'll try to help you later (if somebody else doesn't by then =P There's a few other people on right now). What version of ZQuest are you using anyways? I think it's 2.10 but just to make sure.

Khawner
07-25-2008, 11:55 PM
Yeah, I'm using 2.10. Thanks for all your help so far by the way.

Legend789
07-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Yeah, I'm using 2.10. Thanks for all your help so far by the way.No prob man, sorry it took so late. As you can see from my Test quest (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VRZZ2NID) (if you could even call it a quest :tongue:), the problem is that going from one level to another in a scrolling warp, causes Link to become invisible and the game freezes (Go from screen 00 to screen 01), but if it's the same level, no matter how different, that won't happen (Go from screen 00 to screen 10, to screen 20).

However, a shop on level 0 (the overworld level), won't appear at all (go from screen 10 to screen 11, to screen 12. So the best solution is to use a direct warp tile with an Insta-Warp tile warp to get to a copy of the screen before the shop (Go from screen 11 to screen 21 to screen 22). Or something similar. AFAIK, it's not a good idea to put a DMap Intro and a Message string in the same screen.

I checked Free-form dungeons and Fast dungeon scrolling to get it to work better. Quest has no password.

You might want to wait until a master quest maker answers. I don't know too much about Warps myself, so I could be wrong about this.

I've seen shops made so that you could actually walk in from any direction. The shop that I made in that quest, if the bridge were a bit higher, Link would get stuck inside an invisible non-walkable space. So there's definitely a better way than mine to do it.

Khawner
07-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Thank you so much! I can finally solve this problem now.

Legend789
07-26-2008, 01:28 PM
No problem :) I hope this helps much!