PDA

View Full Version : ~Explain a few things, please...

###
07-23-2008, 11:23 PM
Hello... well, i kinda need 2 no a few things, if its okay...

1) please explain the item drops (hard coded item id's and frequency)

2) please explain how to use "String Control Commands" to me. I know it uses the backslash '\' character (at least sometimes) but that's just about all i do know.

3) Please explain all of the default item classes and MISC values to me, especially starting with letters 'S'-'W', please...

4) is it possible to make it where Link throws bombs or even where arrows explode, and please don't say "scripting is too hard for you" 'cause i already program in many languages, including C and CPP... i just have problems doing so =P (and im VERY bad at pointers, which are needed)

5) how do i script an item class, or can it only be done in ASM, which I've tried unsuccsessfully to learn since it came to be on ZQ...

Thanks soo much for any help you give, to any or all of these questions!!!

###

Din
07-24-2008, 11:22 AM
1) There's a certain chance an item is dropped, each with different frequencies. I don't have exact ratios, but here is a descending list of item drops from common to rare.

Rupee
Heart
5 Rupees
Arrow*
Bomb*
Clock
Fairy
10 Rupees

*For arrows, a certain quest rule must be checked. For bombs, there is a way to make it drop certain numbers of ammunition.

Please note this list isn't 100% accurate. I hope it helps some.

Legend789
07-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Back in build 184 and also in 2.10 (I haven't used the newer builds yet), I noticed a large decrease in the frequency of stopwatch drops since v1.00. I used to think that there was a quest rule to increase these, but I could never find one. :shrug:

Shazza Dani
07-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Back in build 184 and also in 2.10 (I haven't used the newer builds yet), I noticed a large decrease in the frequency of stopwatch drops since v1.00. I used to think that there was a quest rule to increase these, but I could never find one. :shrug:

The Clocks don't work at all in 1.92 and 2.10. There's 0% chance of finding one.

Legend789
07-24-2008, 10:15 PM
The Clocks don't work at all in 1.92 and 2.10. There's 0% chance of finding one.Oh that explains everything. Thanks again mighty_darknut :)