PDA

View Full Version : Never Leave Home With Out It

Archibaldo
07-19-2008, 07:35 AM
Well I just had a quite eventful walk home from work.

As I left the house this afternoon to go to work I realized that I forgot my wallet. I thought to myself that I probably wouldn't need it today anyway. So I go through my usual work day and we finish around 3:30 am. So I'm walking home and I remembered that I forgot to sign the time sheet. Like hell I'm going to let 9.5 hours of work go unpaid. So I start running back to the golf course where I work to try to get there before the manager leaves. I'm running down the street and I pass a cop car. A little bit further the cop care pulls up to me. Conversation goes as follows:

Cop: What are you doing?
Me: I'm going back to where I work because I forgot to sign out.
C: Where do you work?
M: At the golf course right around the corner.
C: What's your name?
M: [My name].
C: Date of Birth?
M: April 24, 1989. *He starts typing this stuff into his computer* You won't find me in there. I'm not a British Columbian resident. I'm staying with family for the summer.
C: Do you have any ID?
M: Yeah. *I reach for my wallet and remember I forgot to bring it with me today* Oh wait no, I forgot my wallet at home.
C: So I have a person jogging down the street at 4 o'clock in the morning, in obviously not jogging clothes.
M: Yeah, I can see why that would look kind of bad.
C: Get in the car.

I got in and the drove me back to the golf course. Luckily the security was there at just the right time and the security guards (who are on their first day of the job) tell them that they recognize me working there that night. And they let me in. I sign out and leave and on the way home I realize I lot my sunglasses that were hanging off my bag.

MasterSwordUltima
07-19-2008, 10:35 AM
So what you're saying is...I can get free rides to work?

Russ
07-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Wow, sounds like a neat experiance.

Masamune
07-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Do you really need jogging clothes to be jogging though?

Russ
07-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Do you really need jogging clothes to be jogging though?
I jog in the middle of the summer with cacky shorts and a heavy blue sweat shirt. The answer is no.

Beldaran
07-19-2008, 09:24 PM
I jog in the middle of the summer with cacky shorts and a heavy blue sweat shirt. The answer is no.

That's because you live in Washington, where you need a sweater in the summer.

AtmaWeapon
07-19-2008, 11:38 PM
Every time I try to jog in an outfit not specifically made for jogging I end up going really slow and running out of stamina fast. The extra +10 to jogging skills is really worth it because there's other skills you'd rather put 10 points into.

MasterSwordUltima
07-20-2008, 12:00 AM
Weird, I train for airsofting by wearing all my gear, which is like 20+ pounds if I wear absolutely all of it [including extra magazines and all that] and jogging/running/etc.

Russ
07-20-2008, 12:07 AM
That's because you live in Washington, where you need a sweater in the summer.
Actually, it's 70 degrees when I jog in the morning. I just get cold very, very easily.

rock_nog
07-20-2008, 12:10 AM
Well, of course you get cold very easily. You're a conservative, and as such, you have no heart. /just kidding

Russ
07-20-2008, 02:10 AM
Well, of course you get cold very easily. You're a conservative, and as such, you have no heart. /just kidding
Okay, even though that's a slam on my political stand-point, I laughed out loud at that. :laughing: That was good. I could start explaining my politics to you, but we would both be bored to death at the end of it, so let's not even bother. :D

Sam Atoms
07-21-2008, 03:55 AM
My garsh. I wasn't aware things were so totalitarian in British Columbia. Thanks for letting us know. I'll be sure to keep it in mind.