PDA

View Full Version : eweapons do no damage while DeadState < -1

C-Dawg
07-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Title says it all. In 819, I've got an enemy that sprays a solid beam of eweapons I control manually. Hence, I set DeadState to -3. At a certain point, the beam is "released" from the enemy and files away. I accomplish this by creating new eweapons with DeadState = -1 at the same location, and erasing the old eweapons. Except for the fact that the new eweapons have a different DeadState, the eweapons are identical. But for some reason the eweapons with DeadState = -3 do not damage the player, but the ones with DeadState = -1 do. What gives?

ScaryBinary
07-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Maybe setting the DeadState to something other than -1 also affects the Damage value? After you set the DeadState to -3, set the Damage to something and see what happens...(unless of course you're already doing that....)

:shrug:

C-Dawg
07-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Yep, she's already being done that way.

I guess I COULD add code so that the player is damaged by script when he or she gets too close. I mean, that'd work alright. But it kinda defeats one of the purposes of using eweapons, huh?

jman2050
07-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Hmm, in my analysis of DeadState, I seemed to somehow neglect that turning off a weapon's behavior code also turns off its collision detection. That kinda sucks.

I guess I'll code in a workaround before I compile the next build right now.

C-Dawg
07-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks. When is that due out, by the way?

jman2050
07-17-2008, 04:43 PM
About an hour and a half ago roughly :P