PDA

View Full Version : Well, this sounds impatient, but...

Russ
07-15-2008, 04:15 PM
...Could somebody please compile the next Windows build? We haven't had a new build in over a month, and I am getting really tired of the tile editor bug. Could somebody please compile a new build?

Mega Link
07-15-2008, 04:51 PM
I second this.

Shazza Dani
07-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Do it! *pressure*

Pineconn
07-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Nah. In fact, I think 2.5 should be cancelled. 2.10 is good enough. :)

Joe123
07-15-2008, 06:53 PM

I vote this statement to be a banning offence =P

Pineconn
07-15-2008, 06:55 PM
=P

I vote this text smiley to be a banning offense. ;)

Anyway, a new build would be nice. Not necessary, but nice.

The_Amaster
07-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Heh, yeah, I was scrolling Shardstorm earlier and noticed that there were like a bajillion changes between this build and the last.

Who here remembers the time between betas though? Back when every release had a ten page thread of discussion on bugfixes and features.

Russ
07-15-2008, 07:27 PM
I vote we temporarily ban Pineconn to show him what happens when he jokes like this!

Wolfman2000
07-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Back in my day, I had to wait 2+ months for a Mac release, and I liked it!</crankykong>

Patience, grasshoppers. I'm sure the ZC Devs will work out something. Perhaps they are, I don't know...enjoying a vacation right now?

Russ
07-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Were your builds plagued with annoying tile editor bugs that appear the same time you need to import a bunch of tiles? I hate the tile editor palette bug so much. :angry:

Shazza Dani
07-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Were your builds plagued with annoying tile editor bugs that appear the same time you need to import a bunch of tiles? I hate the tile editor palette bug so much. :angry:

If you're using a new beta, you're volunteering yourself as a bug tester. Expect bugs.

Russ
07-15-2008, 11:36 PM
Yes, I expect them. But I don't expect to have to wait over a month to have them fixed.

Freedom
07-16-2008, 05:44 PM
remember this?

06-25-2007 until 07-26-2008
Robots in Disguise
ZC Developer

ZC suggestions Forums Closed
With a vote of almost 3 to 1, I see little reason to keep the poll regarding ZC Release vs. ZC Features (http://www.armageddongames.net/forum...ad.php?t=97966) open. However, in case the "Features" crowd is asleep right now, I'll keep it open for a few more days. However, in the meantime, I've begun to implement the voted-upon option. Until further notice, all ZC suggestions forums are closed for posting. No more code changes except for bug-fixes will be done to ZC until release. If the poll results somehow change in the next few days, I'll reverse the decision, but I doubt it will happen.

Impatient you say?

ROFLMAO

It's been so long that the suggestions forum is about to open itself again by default.
Every time Jman rears his head to say it's close, it adds months to the wait.

SpykStorm
07-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Every time Jman rears his head to say it's close, it adds months to the wait.

Jman's jinxing us! :mad:

Personally, I think closing the suggestion forums did no good.

cbailey78
07-17-2008, 02:01 AM
They probably closed it because people would suggest 3d zelda classic, port it to the Wii or PSP or port it to real life!

bigjoe
07-17-2008, 03:48 AM
It looks like _L_ is the only really active developer now. Which is bizarre, because he used to seem like the "add a few side things" developer. You never know whats going to happen in ZC's development. But a new build would be nice. Just so we can assess the catastrophic damage done since the last one. :p

... j/k

Dark Nation pulls his worm back now and then, but other than that, we've reached a new height of non-_L_ inactivity.

SpykStorm
07-17-2008, 03:52 AM
They closed them so certain developers (I'm not pointing names) would not get another fancy idea and implementing it into ZC, thus delaying 2.5 even longer, and the feature-freeze could actually be enforced. No major feature has been implemented since them (with maybe the exception of Large Mode).

Let me re-word that. I don't think having them closed does any good anymore. At the time, it did though.

ShadowTiger
07-17-2008, 07:02 AM
Large Mode was actually already implemented, from what I hear. It just didn't have its parts and toggles made accessible to be used. It wasn't "introduced." Only turned on. Same concept as "turning on" an amusement park. All the land has already been cemented out and leveled, and the inner workings tested and analyzed. It's only a matter of time until a bolt falls out of the tilt-a-whirl. Most of those kinks have already been fixed by now.

jman2050
07-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Jman's jinxing us! :mad:

:( .

*b*
07-17-2008, 02:28 PM

No, of course not. Betas released during the Closed Beta Era were perfect. Bug free. More stable than 1.90. They even made fresh brownies for you every morning

You're not even supposed to be building quests with the betas anyway. They're for testing purposes only. A tile editor bug is trivial to some of the bugs we've had before. Hell, once bug renamed your Windows folder, making your computer unable to even boot up properly

jman2050
07-17-2008, 02:32 PM
As a more serious post, _L_ is actually unable to make Windows builds. Given that DN and DarkDragon are busy right now, that makes it my job generally to get them out. Unfortunately, I've also been on vacation the past week and a half. So this is basically a matter of bad timing. Well, that and something screwy when I imported _L_'s code changes that needed to be resolved before I could make a build.

jman2050
07-17-2008, 03:02 PM
The new build is up, but there is one possible issue: it might cause problems in Windows 98 again due to my build environment. I'll have to figure out how to fix that on my end or just cave and build with mingw again (not currently installed on my comp). Until that's figured out, be patient or hope DN makes another build himself :P

Freedom
07-17-2008, 03:19 PM
You're correct, it won't open in 98SE

BFeely
07-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Hell, once bug renamed your Windows folder, making your computer unable to even boot up properly

That wasn't a bug. It was malware put in as revenge for certain users leaking "private" betas.

*b*
07-18-2008, 02:39 AM
You sure? I thought it was a bug. Then again, that was before I was recruited into the beta testing team, so I guess I could be wrong

bigjoe
07-18-2008, 06:38 AM
it was indeed malware. I always thought it a tiny bit low but left that unspoken. However, they were meant to be private files, so there was nothing illegal going on

The_Amaster
07-18-2008, 11:29 AM
For the next build, I'm going to focus specifically on improving large mode and attempting to speed up the now-extremely slow ZQ interface. So for those complaining about that, I ask for just a bit of patience.
*pumps fists* Yessss!

Russ
07-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Thank you for compiling it jman!

Pineconn
07-20-2008, 11:42 PM
I almost hate to say this, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. ZC seems to be getting stable. Of course, this tunnel has been very, very long. The remaining part of the tunnel may be pretty long to some, but considering the whole tunnel's length, it really isn't too bad.