PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII on 360

Cloral
07-14-2008, 04:12 PM
http://kotaku.com/5025018/final-fantasy-xiii-coming-to-xbox-360

All I can say is good, as this means I'll actually be able to play it. Actually working my way through XII right now, as I only picked it up a couple of months ago.

Breaker
07-14-2008, 05:11 PM
there goes any reason i might have ever considered buying a ps3.

AlexMax
07-14-2008, 05:26 PM
holy shit i can't stop laughing, the bitching and whining by PS3 fanboys is going to be epic

there goes one of playstation's biggest exclusives, now there is absolutely no reason to own a PS3 if you have any interest in playing games at all

Cloral
07-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Yeah, just look at the topic I linked, it has over 800 responses. A typical story on Kotaku gets about 100.

Archibaldo
07-14-2008, 06:18 PM
I was watching the 360 E3 presentation this morning. Personally I'm really excited about the other entertainment stuff coming to the 360. Like the partnership with NBC Universal and the Netflix thing. Hello episodes of The Office on mah 360.

What I don't like is the new interface with the avatars. I hope the update will be optional. The new shit isn't very appealing.

Yoshiman
07-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Ohshi- I think I just heard the baaaw of a thousand PS3 fanboys.

Even though I despise Nomura's characters and SE's general direction with the FF series, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't the least bit interested in FFXIII. Maybe SE will surprise us and XIII might turn out to be good. Then again, I might be getting too hopeful. IMO, they should work off of the FFXII formula. All it really needed was more character/story development, and a few tweaks to the battle system.

That aside, FFXIII going multi-platform won't help PS3 sales. That was really the only PS3 exclusive I was interested in. Now we need to see if FFXIII will be worth the wait. At least they went ahead and made the main character a chick, instead of a feminine-looking dude.

MottZilla
07-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Actually, there's still one game. Metal Gear Solid 4. Once you have that on the 360, PS3 has nothing left in my opinion. This is nice news and I hope Konami considers MGS4 for 360.

ZTC
07-14-2008, 10:58 PM
lmfao

I wonder who at Sony pissed in SE's cornflakes? I'm just giddy with glee that another blow has been dealt to the PS3.

MottZilla
07-15-2008, 01:45 AM
Why do you think that? Square has been slow to accept other things, like originally they were against the PS1 titles over PSN. But then they did a 180. It's not surprising they are getting serious about the 360.

Warlock
07-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Actually, there's still one game. Metal Gear Solid 4. Once you have that on the 360, PS3 has nothing left in my opinion. This is nice news and I hope Konami considers MGS4 for 360.

Supposidly people have spotted 360 Dev Kits in the MGS team's offices.. So yeah :P

But this is great. Honestly, FFXIII was the only really "regret" I had about not wanting a PS3 (and I was not getting it *just* for that game). Thank god I don't have to worry about that!

MottZilla
07-15-2008, 09:05 PM
That rumor was squashed already as they did not see devkits. Devkit 360s are easy to spot. At the moment, I can't think of any Konami games on 360 right now... Can you? Alot of japanese developers like Capcom and Tecmo and now SquareEnix have supported 360, so I would hope we see Konami too. MGS4 could easily be on 360, even if it need multipule DVDs.

AtmaWeapon
07-15-2008, 09:12 PM
This really makes the most business sense. Lots of non-Asian gamers have XBox 360s and are waiting for a reason to need a PS3 due to the price point and, honestly, lack of exclusive games. It's costing more than most feature films to produce a FF game these days; would you really want to base your company's continued success on a game that requires half (possibly more) of your target demographic to pay an extra $500?

It's probably the same reason MM9 is tri-platform honestly. It's easy to make it cross-platform, and obviously people aren't going to buy a Wii to play one MM game, so why not?

I think kids today and their requirements that each game is a technological orgasm that devotes large amounts of processing time to simulating light reflecting off of microscopic nose hairs of the character are driving the cost of games development so high that the age of the exclusive games is ending.

ZTC
07-15-2008, 11:29 PM
It was a bad attempt at being funny. :shrug:
Yeah, it seems that truly exclusive games are not really out there anymore (from what I've noticed anyways)

Breaker
07-15-2008, 11:41 PM
Yeah, it seems that truly exclusive games are not really out there anymore (from what I've noticed anyways)

thank god. with the cost of consoles these days they really need more multiplatform games.

MottZilla
07-16-2008, 01:59 AM

Gears of War 2, Halo 3, Fable 2, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Metal Gear Solid 4... You're right there are no exclusive games... Lets not mention Nintendo's entire line-up.

AtmaWeapon
07-16-2008, 08:10 AM
And of those exclusives, how many of them are exclusive to the system with the highest price and the smallest userbase? Sounds like Sony has a problem convincing people to exclusively target their system, unless you purposefully left a few off of the list.

Exclusives piss me off because at the current console prices, I'd have to spend 8 months of my entertainment budget to own every console. That's 8 months of no movies, no fancy dinners, no online games, etc. Forget that, no game is worth it.

MottZilla
07-16-2008, 02:34 PM
I didn't name everything, just those fresh in my mind. But I agree Sony is short on exclusives compared to M$ or Nintendo. But they just don't have the icons like their competition.

AlexMax
07-19-2008, 12:39 AM
M$

Why do people do this? Seriously, it's dumb as hell.

Breaker
07-19-2008, 12:45 AM
Why do people do this? Seriously, it's dumb as hell.

i usually find myself asking a similiar question after reading every post of yours.

Beldaran
07-19-2008, 01:10 AM
i usually find myself asking a similiar question after reading every post of yours.

Every time Alexmax posts, you wonder why people use the dollar sign when saying Microsoft? Wow that's really weird.

MottZilla
07-19-2008, 02:51 AM
Because M$ is shorter than Microsoft and everyone knows who M$ is when you type M$. Maybe that's why. But to be sure I suggest you consult a rocket scientist.

Cloral
07-21-2008, 01:31 PM
I have to agree with the PA guys on this one. Typing M$ instead of MS makes you look like a tool. Every time I see it, I think, "Gee, I'll bet you think you're so original doing that! I haven't seen that one a billion times already!"

And no Mott, this isn't targeted at you. I think that every time I see anyone on the internet doing that.

Warlock
07-22-2008, 11:57 AM
I have to agree with the PA guys on this one. Typing M$ instead of MS makes you look like a tool. Every time I see it, I think, "Gee, I'll bet you think you're so original doing that! I haven't seen that one a billion times already!"

And no Mott, this isn't targeted at you. I think that every time I see anyone on the internet doing that.

Ditto :P