PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!!

stupid_likeafox
07-14-2008, 02:31 PM
i just downloaded version 2.10 but when i try to load a quest it says unable to open file please help

erm2003
07-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Are you trying to play a quest? Make sure you load the Zelda Classic program and not ZQuest. From there create a new name file. Once you are done registering the name and you are back out at the main menu, you can press Start to play the first quest (from the original game) or press the button you have set to "A" twice to load a custom quest.

stupid_likeafox
07-14-2008, 02:45 PM
i did exactly what you said but when i press a twice to load a custom quest it shows me the quest files , i double click on the one i want to load and it says unable to open file, first quest dosent work either

Russ
07-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Are you using Vista? 2.10 does that on Vista.

stupid_likeafox
07-14-2008, 05:53 PM
no im definatly not using vista. i tried the other versions and it does the same thing. is there a special thing you have to do to the quest file? im downloading it and then unziping it with winzip into my zc 2.10 folder. am i doing somthing wrong?

erm2003
07-14-2008, 06:59 PM
It sounds like you are doing everything correctly. I'm not sure why it's not working for you.

DigiPro31279
07-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Is the first quest in the same folder as your ZC program? If the preloaded quests aren't, you won't be able to start the first quest right off.

stupid_likeafox
07-14-2008, 08:01 PM
yes its all in the same folder. i dont know why its not working. are there other programs you have to download besides the 2.10 on the download page?

SpykStorm
07-14-2008, 08:18 PM
No, once you download 2.10, it should work. Try re-downloading it.

stupid_likeafox
07-14-2008, 10:26 PM
stilldosent work, i noticed when trying to download it the it said it couldent write 1st quest. does it have to be installed to the c drive? because before i was just installing to desktop

Legend789
07-14-2008, 10:30 PM
I know exactly what's wrong. ;)

Once you change your directory on Zelda Classic, ZC remembers that.

For example. Let's say that you keep Zelda Classic and the first quest in C:\ZClassic, but you keep Link to Tortuga in C:\ZClassic\LtT and AlphaDawg's 3rd quest in C:\ZClassic\AlphaDawg\IIIQ

If you register a first quest game, and (1) then register a Link to Tortuga game, you will get an error message, saying "Quest not found" when trying to load up your first quest game.

2) If you then go and register a game for AlphaDawg's third quest, you will get the same error trying to load up the first quest game as well as the Link to Tortuga game.

Why:
- Zelda Classic is now looking for quests in C:\ZClassic\LtT in step (1), so it will not find the first quest.
- Zelda Classic is now looking for quests in C:\ZClassic\AlphaDawg\IIIQ, so it will not find the first quest or Link to Tortuga.

Solutions:
- Try to reregister your quest game by looking for it. I'm not sure this will work.
- Try to register a new quest game by registering a quest in the same directory as the one that you're trying to play. I know this will work.
- Best solution: Keep all your quests in the same folder as ZClassic. That way you'll avoid running into this problem. I like keeping backups of downloaded quests' zip file in separate folders.

If that's not it I'm not sure what it is :uhoh: