PDA

View Full Version : Israeli Intelligence?

bigjoe
07-08-2008, 04:52 PM
I traced that IP to Isreal, and it might be tied to the Mossad. That is very peculiar. What would they want with Armageddon Games? I am starting to get paranoid. I may stop posting here.

Aegix Drakan
07-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Oh noes, the Isreali government is trying to take over AGN!

ALL OF GLENN'S HACKING ATTEMPTS MAKE SENSE NOW!!!

bigjoe
07-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Oh, someone beat me to it already, sorry.

Haifa, Israel.

AtmaWeapon
07-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Dude, an IP address just means that a computer made the request. It could be a proxy, a machine with a virus, or a TOR exit node. Considering it was a cracking attempt, I'd be very surprised if the person who owns the computer that staged the attack has any idea it was used for the attack.

If they tried 10 common passwords per user, it was just some script kiddie and nothing to fear. I'd imagine the wordlist was something like "password, password1, drowssap, qwerty, 123456, ..." I believe stupid passwords like this actually hits something like 1/3 of the people on the internet.

*edit* Also works good on luggage...

rock_nog
07-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Fascinating. I just did a Google search for that IP range and found that several other message boards had been attacked recently in the same fashion.

Beldaran
07-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Well, if you guys see me start acting like a pretentious cock who won't shutup about his personal opinions and constantly drags people into flamewars and unreadable rants about metaphysics that have no place on a video game forum, then you know I've been hacked.

Cloral
07-08-2008, 06:43 PM
*edit* Also works good on luggage...

Prepare to open the airshield. And somebody change the lock code on my luggage!

The Desperado
07-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Somethings tells me that if the Israelis wants to find out someone's password on here, we would know nothing about it. In fact, we would probably all just disappear overnight and never be heard from again.

Brasel
07-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Aw, and I was all fired up for a political discussion on Isreal's imminent attack on Iran and how it was going to spark World War III. BigJoe, you disappoint me. ;)

The_Amaster
07-09-2008, 12:35 AM
...*confused* Why on Earth would Israel want to take over a semi-obscure internet game forum? Or if Rock Nog is right, forums in general?

The Desperado
07-09-2008, 01:04 AM
Because we are having open political discussions. Therefore, we must be evil terrorists.