PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten items of the Legend of Zelda

Shoelace
07-08-2008, 03:46 PM
One thing that Zelda is known for is its items. The items are a main focus as the design of the levels and game as a whole are affected by the items you get. I don't know of any other game that had items that were so revolutionary to gaming as a whole. So I decided to make a video that has taken me more than 2 weeks to make, that has my top ten list. The link to the video is right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJf4494nI4Y

It is the top ten items of the Legend of Zelda and also, it has never before seen pictures of EotM. Well you see his face? Find out. lol. But anyways, the reason for the topic, is I wanted to see what your personal favorite items are. What is your top ten? The top ten you see in the video was supposed to be a combination of fan favorites, revolutionary items, impact it give the series, design, etc. So what are yours? :P

Beldaran
07-08-2008, 04:12 PM
It's clearly the boomerang.

Aegix Drakan
07-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Not a bad list at all!

IMO, It's just missing the Spinner somewhere in there... :P

bigjoe
07-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Thats a very professional video, actually! Neat.

Shoelace
07-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Thanks! Yeah, the spinner is a great item. I just didn't think Nintendo did a good job with overall design with it. As the item was good in that one level and then that was about it. You never really used it for anything really. That is why it didn't make the list.

But thanks guys, I am glad you enjoyed the video. :P

Aegix Drakan
07-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Thanks! Yeah, the spinner is a great item. I just didn't think Nintendo did a good job with overall design with it. As the item was good in that one level and then that was about it. You never really used it for anything really.

Agreed... >_< I LOOOOVED that item! It was THE. MOST. INNOVATIVE. ZELDA. ITEM. SINCE. THE. FREAKING. HOOKSHOT. And yet, it was BARELY implemented.

...I mean, at least give us a spinner course minigame! Or make it possible to do some cool combat moves on it! But no, they just give us a couple gears, and a track to zip across a gap or two, just to remind us that it exists.

>: ( My second biggest gripe with TP, right after the fact that the last boss did a PATHETIC 1/2 heart of damage to me with a normal attack.

ZTC
07-08-2008, 06:41 PM
!!!

Exploding Arrows from Link's Awakening
Boomerang
Magic Rod fron LoZ
Magic Powder from aLttP and LA
Hookshot from aLttP and LA
Mirror Shield from aLttP and onwards
Gust Jar from tMC
Power Gloves/Titan's Mitt from aLttP
Magic Bottles from aLttP
Magic Medalion system from aLttP

Though it's not in order, those would make my 'top' list for items in the Zelda series. I'll have to see the vid when I have a chance.

mrz84
07-09-2008, 10:20 AM
My top 10 fav Zelda items?

Hookshot OoT/MM
Biggoron's Sword in OoT
Din's Fire OoT
Nayru's Love OoT
Bombs/Cannon WW
Medallions LttP
Magical Boomberang LoZ
Bug Net LttP
Pegasus Boots LA
Master Sword OoT

Revfan9
07-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Agreed... >_< I LOOOOVED that item! It was THE. MOST. INNOVATIVE. ZELDA. ITEM. SINCE. THE. FREAKING. HOOKSHOT. And yet, it was BARELY implemented.

...I mean, at least give us a spinner course minigame! Or make it possible to do some cool combat moves on it! But no, they just give us a couple gears, and a track to zip across a gap or two, just to remind us that it exists.

>: ( My second biggest gripe with TP, right after the fact that the last boss did a PATHETIC 1/2 heart of damage to me with a normal attack.

Pretty much everything in TP was a good idea, just being poorly implemented. The Lantern? Magic Armor? Double Clawshot? Spinner? Ball and Chain? The useless Slingshot? Water Bombs? The Twilight Realm? The Wolf transformations? Midna? So much good material that was wasted...

But I think that was the core reason why TP was such a disappointment. The developers tried so hard to be different that they forgot to make a good game in the process. It could have easily been the best Zelda ever if the developers took more than 10 minutes to make each dungeon...

Shoelace
07-09-2008, 03:26 PM
I agree with you Revfan about the items being wasted. There was so much design and great things that were just wasted. Very poorly implemented indeed. However, I thought the dungeons were the best part of the game. They were awesome.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Pretty good video. You should do more of them.

Needed more Master Sword though. :-p

vegeta1215
07-09-2008, 07:02 PM
I agree with you Revfan about the items being wasted. There was so much design and great things that were just wasted. Very poorly implemented indeed. However, I thought the dungeons were the best part of the game. They were awesome.

I remember when I started playing Twilight Princess and I got the latern and had to buy oil to fill it up - I was like, "wow, that is more realistic". (which Nintendo kept claiming was their intention) And it was kind of cool. Sadly, like every other item, you don't use it much after you initially get it. and then you have a huge inventory ring of wasted oppotunities.

The Hawkeye is awesome though. And I loved the design of the Zora armor. :D

Kudos for having the Mangetic Glove in your Top 10 List. That was a very fun item. As was the Switch Hook.

Modus Ponens
07-14-2008, 05:33 PM
The clawshot would have been so much cooler if it had combined the functions of the hookshot and the grappling hook, allowing you to reel Link in or to swing like Indy. And then with the double clawshots, they could have put in some awesome Spider-Man action. Le sigh....