PDA

View Full Version : Fire, Ice, and Light arrows, need help.

sps999
07-08-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm making an OOT game, and I want there to be Fire, Ice, and Light Arrows.

For Fire Arrows, I just use a form of wand, with the book. For Light Arrows, I just use a stronger version of the normal arrow.

But the problem is Ice Arrows. I want it to be the boomerang so the enemy freezes, but the the arrow would come back to me. Is there a way to make a boomerag that doesn't come back, also, the Boomerang uses the same animation, no matter which direction your facing.

I just want to know if you could fix those 2 problems.

XMuppetSB
07-08-2008, 12:12 PM
For fire arrows, try changing the wand weapon to a bow, and make sure the vertical bow is facing up. Also, try changing the item sprite for the book to a flame if you'd like.

You could just make the silver arrows or the golden arrows your light arrows.

For Ice Arrows, yes. The Boomerang Item Class does indeed have a 'Do Not Return' Flag. In addition, try using animation frames for the weapon sprites.

SpacemanDan
07-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Actually, I believe you don't have to do all that replacing items with the lates builds. Just make a new arrow for each kind. It'd be possible to have all three typs of arrows+the original arrows. In your subscreen, use the 'Item Overide" option when displaying an item to make mutliple arrows. (Put in the ID number of the item you wish to display.) This means, you don't have to use the wand for the fire arrows, or sacrifice the older arrows for the light arrows. (Now, for getting them to cost magic, and to get the ice arrows to freeze things, I'm not all too sure, maybe someone else can help you there.)

By using item overides, you can have multiple swords, arrows, and pretty much anything that has many versions on the same subscreen.

However, if that's not up your alley, (as in, you don't want to swap everything over this way) sorry I wasn't much of help.

sps999
07-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Well, Blaman, I wasn't planning on getting rid of the wand or anything, I was just going to do the Item overide thing on those so I wouldn't be sacraficing anything.

And thanks PokeGamer, I just didn't checkhe Item editor after I updated my Zquest,
(I had an older version.)