PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Vbux

ZTC
07-08-2008, 12:03 AM
For those who aren't familiar with that specific vb hack, it installs a currency system in which you can buy gifts for other people, enter a lottery to win more money, and make slight appearance changes to your username. (it's not everyting it can do, but I remember the jist of it to convey the idea to everyone :shrug: ) Vbux are given for every post one makes and for pageviews, but it doesn't acrue anything before it's installed. I thought it would be an idea to throw out there for the hell of it. The one thing I do remember is that the store and money names can be changed, so there could be something like Pineconn Dollars and Bank of AGN (or something along those lines)

Russ
07-08-2008, 12:09 AM
I like the sound of it. However, why Pineconn dollars. They've been proven to be unstable! :D

Anyways, I think it's a great idea. It would be nice to see our little joke in the So... thread brought to life.

The_Amaster
07-08-2008, 12:12 AM
*sigh* Russ, I think it's time we face facts, and recognize that Pineconn Dollars have totally suplanted Amaster Dollars and Russ Dollars as AGN's official currency.

Archibaldo
07-08-2008, 02:04 AM
Actually I believe the value of Archibucks have surpassed the Pineconn Dollar, the Russ Dollar (seriously, whoused those in the first place?) and the Amaster Dollar.

bigjoe
07-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Bah, the Imperial Buttlotion Dollar will rule them all.

Russ
07-09-2008, 06:49 PM
*sigh* Russ, I think it's time we face facts, and recognize that Pineconn Dollars have totally suplanted Amaster Dollars and Russ Dollars as AGN's official currency.
Only because Pineconn always draws those line graphs to back up his posts. We might still be able to surpass him. If there's one thing I never do, it's give up.

On a side not, I think I'm the only person who has replied and actually been serious. :D

Breaker
07-09-2008, 08:15 PM
we had an admin awhile back by the name of Eckels that would make the sweetest design templates for the forums. unfortunately when we upgraded to a version of vB, it broke the work he had done.. or I think that's what happened, it was so long ago I can't even remember. something like Vbux would have looked awesome on that though.

ZTC
07-09-2008, 10:28 PM
fuck, I miss Eckels. :( Was it perhaps the Elite template or was it something before I rejoined? (I kinda remember a red-based one, but I'm not sure if that was from here or not) Now that's one that would be nice to have back again.

Beldaran
07-09-2008, 11:13 PM
I think a really good VB hacker/artist would do a lot to reinvigorate this place.

Masamune
07-10-2008, 10:59 AM
I recall a Final Fantasy fighting system on another forum (Think it was Absolute Zelda Classic). It was pretty sweet though.