PDA

View Full Version : No more WoW for me...

Zaphod Q. IX
07-07-2008, 02:26 AM
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh157/foosballpatriot/sad.jpg

Not worth the time I would have to invest. Not worth the $180 per year it would cost. Sad thing though...I really enjoyed the game. I just enjoy life more.

:shrug:

Shazza Dani
07-07-2008, 02:31 AM
Hooray for quitting games! Real life has so much more replay value, and the unlockables are unsurpassed! Just wait 'til you unlock Ganondorf! (This is where my post no longer makes any sense.)

ZTC
07-07-2008, 03:19 AM
I instantly thought of MG when I saw the topic title. That's monies in your wallet not being wasted away on WarCrack. :)

Breaker
07-07-2008, 03:26 AM
it's possible to manage a real life and play games at the same time. i find it the best way to unwind late at night after a long busy day at work. it's true that it's getting pretty costly though to play these online games though... get an xbox 360 instead!

bigjoe
07-07-2008, 04:26 AM
Haha, I'm more curious about that weird forum interface behind the window.

EDIT: Oh , thats #AGN. I am really whacked out tonight. Imuh head to bed.

AtmaWeapon
07-07-2008, 07:03 AM
It looks more like an IRC client to me, bigjoe.

WoW's something I'd like to play but I think I'm through with MMOs. Breaker's right in that it's possible to play an MMO and not let it take over your life. The main reason I haven't started it is because as far as I can tell it's just like every other MMO in that at the later levels if you can't put 2-3 hours per session down you aren't going to get anywhere. I tend to play in 1-2 hour increments these days and I can't think of an MMO where that is worthwhile at the upper levels.

moocow
07-07-2008, 07:32 AM
My boyfriend used to be seriously addicted... he doesn't play as much now that we live together. I keep him too worn out :sb:

ShadowTiger
07-07-2008, 07:39 AM
I never had the guts to go retail with WoW. There is a Khorium-bound clamp on my wallet. I went the private server route instead. It pretty much simply replaced my gaming time. Perfectly. I'd say it worked out pretty nicely, actually.

Beldaran
07-07-2008, 09:28 AM
I play on the same private server as ShadowTiger and it's really a lot of fun. I played retail WoW for like 5 months, and ST's server is lots more fun.

Twice as many talent points FTW.

Russ
07-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Congrats on breaking the grip of one of the most addictive games of all time!

mrz84
07-07-2008, 12:44 PM
WoW never seemd interesting to me. After playing some MMOs, I've gotta say that there too many that require pay-to-play and lots of time to get anyhting worthwhile done in the late game. Meh. You made the right choice here. :kitty:

The_Amaster
07-07-2008, 01:09 PM
I always just had this massive inferiority complex problem with MMOs. I'm tired of being a level one peasent with a dagger and sandals, and seeing the level 57 Magus of Oblivion with the Sword of Unholy Smiting and the Black Armor of the Damned...and knowing that it would take me forever to get there, at the cost of my life.

bigjoe
07-07-2008, 01:22 PM
It looks more like an IRC client to me, bigjoe.

I know, at the time I was very tired and my thought processes were taxed.

biggiy05
07-07-2008, 07:28 PM
it's possible to manage a real life and play games at the same time. i find it the best way to unwind late at night after a long busy day at work. it's true that it's getting pretty costly though to play these online games though... get an xbox 360 instead!

That's how I unwind when I come home from work and running. That or watch a movie but WoW is starting to lose it's interest. I'm too tired up with the fire department to become a "hardcore raider".

Congrats on breaking the grip of one of the most addictive games of all time!

It's funny how everyone calls it an addicting or the MOST addicting game out there.

The Desperado
07-07-2008, 10:41 PM
My boyfriend used to be seriously addicted... he doesn't play as much now that we live together. I keep him too worn out :sb:

Its true, she keeps me totally worn out I can barely function.

Oh wait....

Master Ghaleon
07-07-2008, 10:49 PM
It's funny how everyone calls it an addicting or the MOST addicting game out there.

It is, I am back playing it :(

Archibaldo
07-08-2008, 02:15 AM
Nobody quits the first time. It's like tipping over a coke machine. You need to rock it back and forth a bit before it finally goes over.

My brother has quit WoW about 4 times already.

I've quit twice so far. But am still off it. It helps that I don't have a PC.

Cronic
07-08-2008, 02:55 AM
My nose has too been out in the cold on this one for about 3 months... I gained 20 pounds over my two year stint... since quitting I've shaved off about 10.

nuff said

biggiy05
07-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Some people are truly addicted to it and there are articles about it. Then you have articles bashing it.

I think it's only as addicting as you make it. I work a full time job, work out after work then play for a few hours every other day or when I have time. I do some raiding but not much.

AlexMax
07-10-2008, 02:25 PM
it's possible to manage a real life and play games at the same time.

Pretty much.

I have an active WoW account that I rarely log in to, maybe once a week to keep up with friends of mine from college who still play.

ShadowTiger
07-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Pretty much.

I have an active WoW account that I rarely log in to, maybe once a week to keep up with friends of mine from college who still play.

Now that sounds like a waste of fifteen bucks a month to me. :shakeno: Tell them to get a facebook or myspace or whatever and save yourself the $180 yearly.

Beldaran
07-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Yeah seriously, $180 per year just to say "hey dude what's up? lol" every few days does not seem like a great investment.

SUCCESSOR
07-11-2008, 02:46 AM
Hooray for quitting games! Real life has so much more replay value, and the unlockables are unsurpassed! Just wait 'til you unlock Ganondorf! (This is where my post no longer makes any sense.)

I would seriously not like to work extra hard and long at my job to gain extra points/money to leave through an ally and run into Ganondorf. I don't care how much experience he's worth, let's not fucking go there!

I'm gonna have nightmare of being in that E3 video with Ganon going "WTF?!"

Nicholas Steel
07-11-2008, 03:48 AM
Disgaea > WoW