PDA

View Full Version : Link's Awakening

ZTC
07-07-2008, 12:48 AM
I'm trying to get as much information on this game as possible, not just for the hell of it, but mainly for pre-release information/screenshots and Game Genie 'hacking'. I've already seen the three 'main' pre-release pics (Moldorm, map, and Palace Enterence), but I believe that I have two other pictures that may be 'little-known':
one of a sandy-gravesite with ghosts
a later screen from the Mysteryous Forest, which was seemingly cut late in the game creation.
When I get the chance, I'll scan the pages from those mags to see if anyone else has seen 'em.

As for the Game Genie, I'm looking for people to help with code-testing with either actual equiptment or through emulation with the orignal LA. (though I've noticed some odd bugs with using VBA, but it's safer so that when some codes are tested, it doesn't erase the SRAM)

I'm also looking to see if there are any decent LA communities that are out there that share my enthusiam for it. I'd go into it further, but I've ran out of room. Fsking phone :angry:

Beta Link
07-07-2008, 02:07 AM
I'd be happy to test codes for you! I have a Game Boy Color, a GameShark Pro, Link's Awakening, and Link's Awakening Deluxe. Just PM me the codes you want tested, and I'll get right to work on them. :) As for pre-release information on it, I have nothing. The only pre-release screenshots I have ever seen of it are the map and Level 1 Nightmare screenshots. :(

ZTC
07-07-2008, 03:16 AM
Okay, I'll see if I can get my old resource files uploaded somewhere so I can at least show what kind of progress I've made. Things to note though, all the codes I've tested are on a first run cart and v1.0 rom. Sadly, all the tested codes does not work on the DX version due to a number of coding changes to the game. This was the very first game I ever owned, and I got a Game Genie about a year after. One could say I've been testing codes for this game for 14 years now. :p Is there a picture listing of all the enemies floating around on the internet? I've been trying to figure out the name of the overworld enemy that flies around and chucks bombs as ya. With a few of my codes, I've managed to glitch that guy into show the text that Cukemen say. Quite odd really. I have yet to name one of the many 'walk on water/over pit' codes that I've found out. I need to sort through two separate revisions of my docs and update everything, but it's somewhat organized and has semi-decent documentation.

Artemis251
07-07-2008, 06:51 AM
That enemy is a Bomber. They live mostly in the Ukuku Prairie and around Martha's Bay.

I have a site/walkthrough with a bunch of info on LA/DX, but I really have no time to really update a lot of the stuff I have on it. I was recently trying to generate an enemy list and their hex values, but who knows how long it'll take for me to finish, heh. If you want to check out what I do have, here's the link:

http://artemis251.fobby.net/zelda.php

mrz84
07-07-2008, 01:12 PM
I wouldn't mind helping with some codes. I can do it on my days off. :kitty:

ZTC
07-08-2008, 12:50 AM
Thanks guys :kawaii:
Once I get everything reorganized, my first goal is to find the code(s) for Infinite Bombs. I keep meaning to mention that this is also a general topic for LA, but I keep running out of room. =/ I would spend 100s of hours playing the game, and after beating it x-number of times, I messed around with glitches I've found and did exploration throughout the game. It's always fun to see how far I can get without a sword via Game Genie. Now if I can get the technical information for the game, it might help my uderstanding with Game Genie code hacking.