PDA

View Full Version : Metroid V: Rebirth

Shazza Dani
07-05-2008, 09:52 PM
I didn't know where to report this, but the download for this quest seems to be corrupt.

http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/viewquest.php?q=365

bobrocks95
07-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Confirmed, when I try to unzip it says there's no files inside it to extract. It looked good too :(

Wolfman2000
07-06-2008, 12:47 AM
When I tried extracting it, it extracted into a .cpgz file or something like that. Don't ask how or why...blame my Mac and it's File Unarchiver.

Pineconn
07-06-2008, 01:42 AM
I'll report it. Hopefully someone (like maybe whoever processed the submission) will be able to fix this.

erm2003
07-06-2008, 01:50 AM
I processed it but the submission is gone now. If the quest author is registered here maybe he/she can PM me (or Pineconn) the link to the quest file so one of us can try and fix it up.

erm2003
07-06-2008, 09:28 AM
DD has updated the quest file so you should be able to download it now.

elise
07-06-2008, 03:47 PM
So nobody could play it and still it has a 5 star rating and is number one in the top 10
ROFLOL

Shazza Dani
07-06-2008, 06:08 PM
So nobody could play it and still it has a 5 star rating and is number one in the top 10
ROFLOL

lol That's proof people rate quests based on screenshots. -_-'

EDIT: I just downloaded the quest... Did anyone look at the guide book he made? That's the most epic thing ever! I might steal that idea.

bobrocks95
07-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Yes I looked at the guide, it was amazing! And the quest is pretty good for 2.10, though I'd have liked some custom SFX that actually sounded like you were shooting.

Shazza Dani
07-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Exate made a Metroid SFX file that I'm sure this quest maker would expect you to use. Although I'm not sure where you can find that file anymore...

This quest is pretty cool, but kind of too difficult for me (I just got owned by the fire boss; Volgra, I think the name was).

bobrocks95
07-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Can the guide not get you through it even?

On a completely unrelated note, it appears that someone has tried to hack into my account, and their IP is completely different than mine. Who should I report this to?

Russ
07-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Anybody who runs the site, such as War Lord.

MuhonNin
07-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Hey guys,

First off, sorry about the quest loading problems. Geocities was giving me issues about data transfer limits and stuff. But, everything seems to be working fine now.

To mighty darknut and bobrocks95:
Glad you like the players guide. :D I hope to see player guides from other users in the future. Hope you got past Morgak (the fire boss) by now mighty darknut. If not, do you have all the energy tanks possible at that time, and are you using missiles against him? Sorry if you guys think this game is hard, but the one complaint I got from Flashback was that it was too easy. So I tried to make it harder.

Sam Atoms
07-08-2008, 06:22 AM
Exate made a Metroid SFX file that I'm sure this quest maker would expect you to use. Although I'm not sure where you can find that file anymore...

Well, look at what I happened to have lying around (http://thedarkhideout.homestead.com/files/files/sfxunknown.dat).

I have no idea what this is, or where it came from, or whether it's X8's lost Metroid SFX dat, but at the very least it sounds close.

On a more relevant note, the included guide, makes this guy look like a pro, or at least an aspiring one. Even one quick look at it is enough to convey the message "I could make money with this quest if I wanted to".

Shazza Dani
07-08-2008, 06:54 AM
Well, look at what I happened to have lying around (http://thedarkhideout.homestead.com/files/files/sfxunknown.dat).

I have no idea what this is, or where it came from, or whether it's X8's lost Metroid SFX dat, but at the very least it sounds close.

Nope, not Exate's. It's not as good as his, but I guess it'll suffice if you want something more Metroidish.

bobrocks95
07-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Thought we should just change this into a help thread.

I walked into the capsule in a Save-Room and died. Now I'm permanently stuck respawning in the top left-hand corner.

MuhonNin
07-10-2008, 07:42 PM
That's weird, I thought I checked all the save rooms too. What level were you in? I'll double check once I know what level. Anyone else have this problem or any other problems I can help with?

bobrocks95
07-10-2008, 07:58 PM
It's in Pirate Base 1, the save that's available first.

MuhonNin
07-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Okay, I went and checked all the save rooms right after I posted my reply, and I doubled checked Pirate Base 1 after your response to what level it was bobrocks95. None of the Save Rooms have you respond back in the top left corner. The only thing I can think of that could possibly cause this problem is what version of Zelda Classic are you playing it on? Maybe a 2.5 beta messes something up? I don't know. It works fine on a 2.10, that's all I know. Maybe I'll try playing it on a 2.5 and see if anything like that happens. Sorry I can't help with this one. :( As I asked before, has anyone else run into this problem?

Shazza Dani
07-10-2008, 10:43 PM
I think bobrocks95 is using the wrong ZC version. The save room in Pirate Base 1 works for me, and I'm using 2.10.2.

bobrocks95
07-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Okay, I went and checked all the save rooms right after I posted my reply, and I doubled checked Pirate Base 1 after your response to what level it was bobrocks95. None of the Save Rooms have you respond back in the top left corner. The only thing I can think of that could possibly cause this problem is what version of Zelda Classic are you playing it on? Maybe a 2.5 beta messes something up? I don't know. It works fine on a 2.10, that's all I know. Maybe I'll try playing it on a 2.5 and see if anything like that happens. Sorry I can't help with this one. :( As I asked before, has anyone else run into this problem?

It's not that it respawned me back in the top-left-hand corner, but the fact that it killed me when I stepped into it... I'm using the most recent 2.5 beta.

Shazza Dani
07-11-2008, 10:27 PM
It's not that it respawned me back in the top-left-hand corner, but the fact that it killed me when I stepped into it... I'm using the most recent 2.5 beta.

I'm using the most recent 2.5 beta.

the most recent 2.5 beta.

2.5 beta.

No! D:

bobrocks95
07-11-2008, 10:46 PM
2.5 is supposed to have perfect compatibility with older versions. I'm helping the development progress, so 2.5 doesn't take another 3 years to come out.

Shazza Dani
07-11-2008, 11:00 PM
That's fine. Then you should report this to the developers, 'cause it's apparently a continue bug that isn't present in 2.10.2.

MuhonNin
07-11-2008, 11:08 PM
The save capsule killed you?! :eyebrow: Yeah, I agree with mighty_darknut, it has to be something with the 2.5. I never put any kind of damage tiles in the save room.

firelight
07-18-2008, 10:46 PM
This was a fun quest. The fish boss had a bug in it. While he is appearing if you walk into him the game takes you into a grey screen, that when you walk down takes you into the treasure room and when you leave the fish boss is magically gone. It was a nice bug, but a bug none the less. I have two recomendation; the bosses in this game were tough, and the levels very long to get to the bosses; maybe once someone gets to the room before each boss a warp could be activated near each save point or entry point in a level ~ it would make things more pleasant, those long journeys got kind of old, especially the envisible pirate base 2, with all the flashy walls. My second recomendation would be to make the flashy walls and other flashy items something that can be disabled by turning off the translucent layers, because people like me get pretty bad headaches from them. Regardless though, you did a great job MahunNin!

MuhonNin
07-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Glad you liked the quest firelight. :) Thank you also for pointing out the Gellanka boss bug. I'll have to check it out and fix it. As for the for the flashing levels, I didn't know you could turn off layers while in game. That would be a good solution to the flashing problem. Thanks for that tip.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the game and the players guide.

Now that some people are finishing the game, I would like some feedback on the story line. Are you happy/upset that I got rid of the Fusion suit, how do you like the boss designs, do you like the direction I took with the story, etc?

I was honestly going to make a Mario game for my next quest, but since this seems to be getting really good reviews, I'm half tempted to maybe do a sequel instead. If you like what I'm doing with story and want more, let me know. ;)

Sam Atoms
07-21-2008, 03:51 AM
Do a Mario quest. After seeing the way you made this, I want to see what you can do with a Mario theme.

firelight
07-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Mario or another Metroid, both would both be good. If you could make Mario jump that would be cool, I played one zelda game where Link could jump, but I have no idea how the author did that. But do whatever you feel like, I'm sure it will be fun regardless; mostly I like playing Zelda games with good graphics and unique story lines, so in either senario you've got two thumbs up from me :-) .