PDA

View Full Version : Hahahahahah

Dechipher
07-02-2008, 12:42 PM
I heard a few songs from Offsprings new album "Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace" on the radio, and at first I wasn't sure if it was Weird Al's new album. I heard the songs "Stuff is Messed up" and "Fix You". It seems Offspring has ripped off every other popular band out there. "Fix You" (aside from the title being a Coldplay song) is a direct rip off of Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars". The hook, the form, and even some of the lyrics - Snow Patrol. Meanwhile, "Half-Truism" just sounds like Hinder got some heavy guitars.

"Hammerhead" seems like a decent song. Aside from those first two I mentioned, I've only heard the iTunes previews of each song, but honestly, I've heard enough to know that this record is just a melting pot of other hit songs.

MasterSwordUltima
07-02-2008, 02:41 PM
I haven't listened to the Offspring in like, 10 years.
I haven't listened to the radio in about the same.

Am I really missing out?

Dechipher
07-02-2008, 03:25 PM
No. I rarely listen to the radio, but somehow I manage to keep up on some of the popular songs. Most of it is trash, but I think that's starting to change, slowly.

Archibaldo
07-02-2008, 06:44 PM
I didn't know that The Offspring was still around. I remember listening to them big time when I was kid.