PDA

View Full Version : E3 2008 Predictions

ctrl-alt-delete
07-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Thought I would just throw something together pretty quick, so we can get the ball rolling. I will add more later.

Nintendo:

Software:
Zelda Wii
New Super Mario Brothers 2
Kid Icarus Wii
Animal Crossing Wii
Kirby Wii
Star Fox Wii
F-Zero Wii

Hardware:
Wii storage space solution? (Please, Nintendo...)
DS Lite 2
Wireless Nunchuck

What do you guys think?

Aegix Drakan
07-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Don't they already HAVE a wireless Nunchuck? I'm pretty sure I've seen one at my local Toys-r-us...

Personally, I hope they cover that Sonic RPG coming out on the DS. I want to hear some more about it.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Don't they already HAVE a wireless Nunchuck? I'm pretty sure I've seen one at my local Toys-r-us...

Personally, I hope they cover that Sonic RPG coming out on the DS. I want to hear some more about it.

It's third party...and Nintendo filed a lawsuit against them for it, so my guess is they have a first party one right around the corner.

Archibaldo
07-02-2008, 06:55 PM
I doubt there'd be a Zelda Wii title. Remember how long it took them to develop TP? Maybe at E3 2009. The others a good possibility though.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-02-2008, 07:03 PM
http://purenintendo.com/2008/06/29/why-nintendo-should-announce-a-new-zelda-and-ds-at-e3/

Something concerning a new Zelda game is well past due.

I highly expect to see at least a teaser trailer.

SpykStorm
07-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Nintendo:

Software:
Zelda Wii
New Super Mario Brothers 2
Kid Icarus Wii
Animal Crossing Wii
Kirby Wii
Star Fox Wii
F-Zero Wii

Hardware:
Wii storage space solution? (Please, Nintendo...)
DS Lite 2
Wireless Nunchuck

What do you guys think?

The ones that I think will make it are in bold. I have heard nothing of a DS Lite 2, and I do think they already have a wireless nunchuck. I also haven't heard any thing of a New Super Mario Bros. 2

beefster09
07-02-2008, 07:34 PM
I don't think the Wii needs a hard drive. Maybe compatibility with external hard drives and flash drives, but really, It's a video game console, not a PC. The average person isn't going to need that much space to hold saves and VC games.

Zelda Wii seems likely. I remember reading about a leak about the next Zelda. They say it'll be a retro Zelda.

Kirby Wii and Starfox Wii are very likely. I'd be surprised if they weren't announced or at least referenced.

And by DS Lite 2, do you mean the next-gen handheld, or something more along the lines of the Gameboy Advance Micro, but a DS?

Why would you need a wireless nunchuk? IMO it's just one more set of batteries to hassle with. Besides, the cord is plenty long. Not only that, but making it cordless will brick it in weight.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-02-2008, 08:41 PM
The ones that I think will make it are in bold. I have heard nothing of a DS Lite 2, and I do think they already have a wireless nunchuck. I also haven't heard any thing of a New Super Mario Bros. 2

DS Lite 2 -- I doubt that this will really happen, as Nintendo is still making loads of money off of the original. However, there is always the chance that it is time for an upgrade.

Wireless Nunchuck -- Again, there is no first party nunchuck available. Nyko makes the one that is freely available, and Nintendo would be stupid to not tap into this market.

NSMB2 -- I have heard TONS of rumors about this. Nintendo banked with the first title...I would be SHOCKED if this did not make an appearance.

MasterSwordUltima
07-02-2008, 08:48 PM
What about a new Zelda game now? Retro? Does that mean a 3D remake of Zelda 1 and/or 2? Fuck, I'd love to see Zelda 2 redone.

Also, maybe I missed out on it, but whatever happened to the new Duck Hunt?

ctrl-alt-delete
07-02-2008, 09:04 PM
http://wii.ign.com/articles/885/885790p1.html

Just thought I would post that. Just now read it, and he talks about a lot of what I mentioned previously.

I know...people hate Casamassina. Deal with it. It is a good read.

beefster09
07-02-2008, 09:38 PM
It probably won't be a remake, but rather a revamp of one of the first 3 Zeldas.

MottZilla
07-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Why are all these predictions Nintendo related? Come on people, there are other game companies out there. I can't wait for more details on Gears of War 2. And with word of the Xbox 360 getting a 50$ price cut soon, I wonder if Sony will be announcing one too.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Why are all these predictions Nintendo related? Come on people, there are other game companies out there. I can't wait for more details on Gears of War 2. And with word of the Xbox 360 getting a 50$ price cut soon, I wonder if Sony will be announcing one too.

Yeah, I just have not gotten around to them yet.

360 price cut is a definite...Aussies already got it.

Sony probably has to follow suit. Can't wait for my ultra cheap bluray player.

ZTC
07-02-2008, 10:54 PM
here's mine...
PSP:
Metal Gear Ac!d 3
Disagea 2 remake
Final Fantasy: Dissidia
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Pangya
Mini-keyboard
GPS
1-Seg TV tuner knock-off
PSP system colors

Microsoft:
Handheld XBOX :rolleyes:
Price reduction

Nintendo:
Kid Icarus Wii
Zelda 3 remake for Wii

Atari re-enters the console market

mrz84
07-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Atari re-enters the console market

I laughed a bit when I read this. It would be interesting if they came back to the market with a good console though. :kitty:

AtmaWeapon
07-03-2008, 12:11 PM
I don't think the Wii needs a hard drive. Maybe compatibility with external hard drives and flash drives, but really, It's a video game console, not a PC. The average person isn't going to need that much space to hold saves and VC games.And WiiWare. And game saves. Fill up that space, and you better be happy with the games you already have, because the only option is deleting stuff.

Don't forget that VC only existed for a few months before people had filled it up. There's a big fat SD card slot on the front, and you are unable to use it for storing things. I haven't even played a game that lets me save to the SD card yet. SSB:B let you save replays and screenshots to it, but the thing just screams, "Put your game data here so you can take it to a friend's house without taking the whole Wii!"

The average person isn't going to need that much space to hold saves and VC games.Despite what sales numbers say, the average video game player is playing games on an XBox 360 or a PS3. Both have hard drives for saving games, data, and demos.

Wouldn't it be neat if you could download Wii game demos like the people who have the other game systems?

Archibaldo
07-03-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm hoping to hear about a potential KotoR 3. Maybe even a little more about Rock Band 2.

MottZilla
07-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Despite what sales numbers say, the average video game player is playing games on an XBox 360 or a PS3. Both have hard drives for saving games, data, and demos.

Wouldn't it be neat if you could download Wii game demos like the people who have the other game systems?

Damn straight. Take the average retard on Xbox Live. They would be fucking pissed off if you denied them a harddrive and just gave them a 512MB memory card to use. Nintendo was just being cheap with the internal flash, and stupid by not allowing direct SD card storage. If they would just do that, you could easily get yourself 2GB of storage for around 20 bucks. As far as demos go though, I tend to think Nintendo is against giving out anything for free.

Aegix Drakan
07-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Well...you CAN play some DS demos they give out on the Nintendo Channel. Haven't tried it, though.

Pineconn
07-04-2008, 11:56 PM
I'm hoping for a Zelda 3 remake for the Wii. Eiji Aonuma mentioned something about it, and it would sell very strongly. The only problem I could imagine is collision detection when you go from Light World to Dark World or vice versa, but they'd figure it out. Just imagine going through some of Zelda's best 11 dungeons in 3D.

Even so, a brand new adventure would be cool. :p

Warlock
07-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Heh, honestly there isn't a lot for 360 (or PS3) I'm really looking forward to ATM, with the exception maybe for Too Human. I'm sure they will surprise us with something of course, but I can't imagine what they'll announce. Unless Square announces something new - everyone else seems to already have a decent number of "known" projects that I can't really think of anything else they could be doing. Obviously we'll be seeing more of Mega Man 9, Bionic Commando, both Castlevanias (DS and the Wii fighting game), etc.

I think Animal Crossing Wii is pretty much guarenteed. I believe just the other day I saw a scan from Nintendo Power showing an Animal Crossing background with a "How has your village been doing? See you at e3!" type message (I'm paraphrasing). Though I'm not sure if I care about that title :P I do hope they announce Pikmin 3. That's such a fun series :) And I agree they'll probably announce a Kid Icarus title. I really hope Factor 5 isn't making it though, as rumored. I seriously do not trust them to make a decent game anymore (look at Lair, or hell, even RS3).

I think Kirby Wii is a strong possibility too, as there was actually a Kirby title in development for Gamecube that slipped off the face of the earth once Wii came out. It's been assumed the project was ported over.

I would be supportive of New Super Mario Bros. 2 as well, assuming it doesn't suck like NSMB1 did. I think that game suffered by trying to follow the SMB1 formula *too* closely, which led to some slightly uninspired and boring levels. If they actually have this resemble SMB2 (USA) that would be pretty bad-ass though. Of course, who knows, *our* SMB2 is not Japan's SMB2, and Japan's SMB2 was pretty much SMB1 with different levels.

But yeah, there better friggin' be a hard drive solution. It's getting rediculous.

MasterSwordUltima
07-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Know whats probably going to happen and blow everyone away? An iConsole. You know its gonna happen. Thats the only thing Apple has yet to do in electronics.

rock_nog
07-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Know whats probably going to happen and blow everyone away? An iConsole. You know its gonna happen. Thats the only thing Apple has yet to do in electronics.
Actually, that's not entirely true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Pippin

Aegix Drakan
07-05-2008, 02:46 PM

...Somehow...I was reminded of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw2nkoGLhrE)

Not a Rick Roll, I swear to mod!

ctrl-alt-delete
07-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Sounds like a confirmation to me...

For those of you that do not know, rumor has it that Microsoft has designed a motion sensitive controller that is supposed to be launched with Banjo Kazooie.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=48887

It would be hard to misinterpret that...

What do you think? Will we see this bad boy at E3?

ctrl-alt-delete
07-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Animal Crossing Wii looks amazing.

You can play as your Mii (your character wearing a mask).

Really good central hub city.

You can still visit other users towns.

Wii Speak I think it was called? Cool.

The_Amaster
07-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Yeah, voice chat finally!
Think they can BC-update games like Brawl?

That's at least two new accessories now though. I wonder if they're announcing anything else...

EDIT: Ohh, talk just shifted to the DS. Color me excited.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars on DS!

Fucking awesome.

The_Amaster
07-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Whoa, now that's a bold move.

Eh, Spore Creatures don't look that great. Mainly the art style is turning me off.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Wii Sports Resort. I knew they would use Motion Plus with a new Wii Sport game.

I seriously hope they do a Zelda Wii also.

Looks pretty awesome.

Jet Skiing looks badass.

Sword dueling looks REALLY badass.

The_Amaster
07-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Yeah, 1:1 Zelda sword control would sell like, a billion units.

Pokemon Ranger though? I mean, did anyone play that game?

Hmm, expanded DS functionality for non-gaming applications? As long as it don't cost an arm and a leg I'm in.

ctrl-alt-delete
07-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Overall, that really sucked.

They better announce some good games over the coming days...

Animal Crossing? Yes. Wii Sports 2? Yes. GTA? Yes.

Everything else?

Meh.

Archibaldo
07-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Aw man? Did I miss the whole Nintendo release. Stupid vancouver time.

Wii Speak I think it was called? Cool.

Heh W117 5p34k.

MottZilla
07-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Nintendo didn't have much at all to say. You missed nothing. The Sony event is on right now.

Edit: Well the Sony conf is over. You can atleast say this, they had a better one than Nintendo. I guess I'm not really surprised M$ had the best conf. But I thought Sony did well for itself.

I'm bothered though that Sony is going to replace the 40GB model with a new 80GB model that is basically the 40GB model with a bigger harddrive and a DualShock 3 controller. Sure it's the same price and you get more, but I'm bothered that they don't have PS2 compatibility with it. Which makes me wonder what the new higher end model will be and cost. I guess it's a good thing though if you were looking at the 399$ model.

But so far it seems like the 360 has the two big games for me, Gears of War 2 and Resident Evil 5. And Fall Out 3 looks interesting and I plan to try that out when it comes out. As I said before, Nintendo was the most disappointing, and I missed the first part of it. While the added motion device should open up new options if developers use it well, we heard not much else. I think they promised the Mario and Zelda teams were working, but anyone could have told you that.

I will say what I saw that I wasn't looking for that looked nice was Resistance 2. It did look interesting and that giant boss was cool. The other thing that caught my eye was MAG, a PS3 online shooter promising 256 HUMAN player battles. That sounds pretty cool.

Overall I think M$ and Sony got a boost and Nintendo is just left in wonderland. As in you are left to merely wonder what the hell they are doing. But to be fair, I set my Nintendo expectations pretty low awhile back.

Aegix Drakan
07-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Pokemon Ranger though? I mean, did anyone play that game?

*raises hand*

It was fun for a bit of late night "random" gaming. Of course, I never ended up beating it, since I stopped playing for a few weeks near the end...and I was waaay out of practice...

Some of those fights are freaking hard.

Pineconn
07-15-2008, 07:11 PM
I have a feeling that Nintendo is pacing themselves. I'm sure we'll get some juicy meat in the upcoming E for All Expo. I think we'll get word of a new Zelda and Metroid by the time GDC 09 is over.

One thing I wish Nintendo would do is stop trying to develop more peripherals and focus on core games. But I doubt this will happen during the Wii's lifetime.

Russ
07-15-2008, 07:26 PM
One thing I wish Nintendo would do is stop trying to develop more peripherals and focus on core games. But I doubt this will happen during the Wii's lifetime.
You're not alone/ Go to Pure ZC. The E3 topic there has turned into an "I am so upset with E3 and Nintendo not focusing on hardcore gamer" thread. :)

Yoshiman
07-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Hm, not too much going on this time with the Big Three. Microsoft seemed to have the best show, but only because they caused the Internet to explode with FFXIII news. We already knew about Fallout 3, RE5, and GoW2 as well.

I was disappointed with Nintendo as well. Enough with peripherals and Wii Sports-type titles. Where's all the good first-party titles?

On the other hand, I Am Alive by Ubisoft looks kind of interesting. But then again, I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic themes. And we got a gameplay demonstration of Mirror's Edge, so that's good too.

Archibaldo
07-16-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm looking forward to The Force Unleashed. That game looks 27 shades of awesome. Also Fallout 3 looks like it will be fun.

Anthus
07-16-2008, 06:16 PM
"I don't necessarily think it will change that drastically, but I think that Zelda is a franchise that does need some big new unique ideas," he said. "And so the team right now is very focused on trying to find those ideas."

This statement alone makes me very nervous. PLEASE don't give us another gimmicky piece of utter and complete shit like Phantom Hourglass. I cannot hate that game enough. What have they done to Zelda?

At least they've managed to keep Mario out of Suckville for the most part.

Warlock
07-16-2008, 08:42 PM
What was wrong with Phantom Hourglass? (other than the Temple of the Ocean King which was a dumb concept).

Aegix Drakan
07-16-2008, 10:07 PM
The only thing really lacking from PH was length (and less trips to the ocean king temple, trying to remember how to get all those funny shaped keys back where they belong.).

All in all, I really liked PH.

rock_nog
07-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Well, the new Ghostbusters trailer has me absolutely drooling... I really hope it doesn't let me down - This is exactly what I've been waiting for since the first time I saw Ghostbusters as a kid.

erm2003
07-16-2008, 10:27 PM
On PH, the only thing I wish it had was a better variety of music, especially for dungeons, because there was basically one track for all the dungeons in the game.

Ghostbusters does look like a fun game. I just hope the game play is going to live up to some of the hype I have seen so far for the game. I loved the movies (and the old cartoon series) so this is a game I have been keeping my eye on.

ZTC
07-17-2008, 12:30 AM
The orignal or the newer cartoon series? I saw some pics (in PSM, I think) and it looks to be a pretty good game to play. Aside from that, a 3D ALttP would kick ass if it was made; but will that ever happen though?
So who wins the prize* with the most accurate predictions?

* - Said prize is two (2) Karma Koins useable only in the world of Castlevania and cannot be exchanged for Pineconn Dollars

rock_nog
07-17-2008, 12:41 AM
The old one, obviously. I mean, come on, that show freakin' rocked. I mean hell, they kicked Cthulhu's ass. Forget 100-foot marshmallow men, we're talking about frickin' Cthulhu. Sorry, sorry, just getting a little carried away.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y8qkDFJaCa4

Archibaldo
07-17-2008, 04:24 AM
The Ghostbusters game is bound to be awesome. When they waited this long to make a game out of a movie, you know they took their time and did a good job.

OMG, original actors doing the VO? Sweet.

Pineconn
07-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Said prize is two (2) Karma Koins useable only in the world of Castlevania and cannot be exchanged for Pineconn Dollars.

What a gyp. :(

I personally never played PH, so I can't give my opinion about it.

Anthus
07-22-2008, 12:47 AM
PH is like Zelda for retards. Seriously. They took out challenging dungeons and replaced them with giant rooms. They took out good music and replaced any track with some incest bullshit. WTF is wrong with that overworld theme?

Worst of all, they completely replace every move with some dumbed down stylus bullshit, and don't even offer a button counterpart.

I didn't even finish this game I was getting ready to get the last metal, but guess the fuck what, I had to go through that stupid Ocean god temple again, so I literally took my game out without saving, or turning it off, and traded it in the next day.

Russ
07-22-2008, 01:15 AM
Too bad, you missed out on one of the best final bosses in Zelda history.

That being said, PH was more of a Zelda game for casual gamers. It was meant to be easy to play, but still enjoyable. I like it a lot. :)

Rijuhn
07-22-2008, 01:30 AM
To obtain 1:1 motion control = probably $20-$50 more per Wii remote. In essence I might as well have bought an Xbox 360. :(

I don't regret buying the Wii, I just hating buying peripherals, and the Wii has too many IMO: extra Wii Remotes and Nunchuks for them, the Balance Board, now WiiSpeak, and MotionPlus. I wonder what else Nintendo is going to want me to buy.

Anyone remember buying the Rumble Paks, Memory Cards and then the RAM Expansion for the N64? Thank God I never got into that Card Scanner thingy for Pokemon or whatever, or anything beyond the Official GCN controllers for my GameCube.

In a way I feel like I'm being thrust back to my N64 days when I was saving up for the Nintendo64DD.

AtmaWeapon
07-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Yeah I was really worried about the Wii when I noticed that it had this modular peripheral thing going. At launch I remember there being about 3 or 4 confirmed "add-ons" to the Wiimote and I was kind of concerned that they were going to include a new peripheral with each game. I hate it when I'm right sometimes.

So let me see. If I wanted a 2nd Wiimote before, I needed $30 for the controller and $30 for the nunchuck, part of the reason why I've spent months wanting another controller but not buying it. Now we've got another $20-30 add-on I'll need? $90 is for RPGs that are using more ROM memory than anything that came before them, not controllers that make low-quality static noises at you.

Also Tobias_Daboi are you some kind of supertroll or something? Every post you make reminds me of this guy I saw the other day ranting about how he wasn't going to watch the Batman movie because, "Seriously I quit caring about Batman when I was 12. I blew up my last action figure with fireworks. Why's everyone getting worked up over some kid's fantasy?" I suppose in a world where you are a sculpted figure and spend every night banging cheerleaders to celebrate their 18th birthday I can see where every videogame is horrible and unfun, but this leaves me wondering why exactly you're playing video games and posting about them on forums since you hate them so much.

MasterSwordUltima
07-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Anyone remember buying the Rumble Paks, Memory Cards and then the RAM Expansion for the N64? Thank God I never got into that Card Scanner thingy for Pokemon or whatever, or anything beyond the Official GCN controllers for my GameCube

I bought an e-Reader, I thought it was rad. I used it for Animal Crossing and Super Mario Bros Advance 4 [where you get tons of extra power-ups not available in the regular game], and for the classic NES games.

Warlock
07-22-2008, 11:59 AM
e-Reader was great for SMB3A. They didn't use it for anything else good though. And they stopped supporting it. Though I believe there is actually a program that will let you print out the barcodes - one of these days I need to try it. Supposidly you can get the extra Japanese levels on there if you do.

It sucked for everything else though. Having to scan (extremely slowly) 5 cards to play classic Donkey Kong, and then losing it when you turned the power off? Umm, no thanks...

MasterSwordUltima
07-22-2008, 05:38 PM
You wouldn't loose it if you saved it to memory, although you could only have one app saved at a time.

I just wish they would've done more with it.

Warlock
07-23-2008, 02:04 AM
You wouldn't loose it if you saved it to memory, although you could only have one app saved at a time.

I just wish they would've done more with it.

Yes but I believe it still didn't remember high scores.. which frankly, in a game like Donkey Kong (or most of the e-Reader games which were just really early NES games), is kind of stupid. I mean, it has three levels (or did the NES version only have two? I think it had at least three...)

Anthus
07-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Also Tobias_Daboi are you some kind of supertroll or something? Every post you make reminds me of this guy I saw the other day ranting about how he wasn't going to watch the Batman movie because, "Seriously I quit caring about Batman when I was 12. I blew up my last action figure with fireworks. Why's everyone getting worked up over some kid's fantasy?" I suppose in a world where you are a sculpted figure and spend every night banging cheerleaders to celebrate their 18th birthday I can see where every videogame is horrible and unfun, but this leaves me wondering why exactly you're playing video games and posting about them on forums since you hate them so much.

I bet you think you are pretty funny. I was simply stating how as of late, Nintendo has been letting me down with it's casual demographic, and "hardcore" franchises are suffering because of it. Zelda is one example. Twilight Princess was awesome, but the Wii version lacked some of the things I would have expected them to add after almost and extra year.

Phantom Hour Glass is disgusting. I compare every Zelda game to AlttP since, IMO, it is the best one. So, by that, this one simply sucks. And that asshole who posted about hating is just trying to be cool. You simply can't hate that movie with Heath Ledger. Too bad he died, so the joker as we know it won't be back.

My point is, with Zelda, I really hope these reports of a more retro Zelda are true. We need something good for a change. I have nothing against people who enjoyed PH, but that game simply was not for me, and considering that I reserved it, and paid $40 bucks for it, I get to complain a little. And, for the record, I love TWW, and Minish Cap, so don't go telling me what I like. PH is the only Zelda game I hate.

Anyway, it's not like I had to go out of my way to answer you, so if you think I'm so bad/ annoying/ whatever, block me, damn, don't whine about my posts like a fourteen-year-old fan boy who sees someone bash their favorite console. Grow up, no one else had a problem with my post but you. Come to think of it, you seem to enjoy complaining about me. Is there something personal bothering you?

vegeta1215
07-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Phantom Hourglass is awesome. If you should hate any Zelda, it should be The Minish Cap, which is the worst of the series. (Wind Waker was awesome though).

Nintendo didn't show anything for the "hardcore" crowd because they don't have anything to show yet, or at least not anything that's far enough along that they would feel good about showing. (http://wiinintendo.net/2008/07/22/iwatas-apology-for-e3-08/) With the exception of Zelda, they've released almost their entire arsenal of franchise heavyweights within the past 10 months with Metroid, Mario, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart. Do you really expect them to have something already for those already aside from some basic concepts and ideas?

Anthus
07-23-2008, 11:49 PM
Phantom Hourglass is awesome. If you should hate any Zelda, it should be The Minish Cap, which is the worst of the series. (Wind Waker was awesome though).

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or an ass, but I'm curious as to what you enjoyed about it. I can tell you why I liked MC. Sure, it had a small overworld, but it felt inspired. The music, and characters where rich, and the Kinstone side quest was pretty neat too. I also enjoyed the dungeons too. Come to think of it, I need to play through that game again to refresh me on it.

PH had boring characters virtually no sound track, and tedious and obvious dungeons. Not to mention any extra island was just some one stop trip to Snoozeville. I never once felt truly challenged. The only thing I enjoyed was the battle against the two headed dragon thing. Most of the time, I found myself getting annoyed at various aspects of the game. It also looks like shit. Seriously, I'm not one to complain about graphics, but they should have gone with a 2D-backdrop-3D-model deal. It would have worked out better. More detailed backgrounds, and higher-poly models. You can't go wrong there with the DS's limited hardware.

Nintendo didn't show anything for the "hardcore" crowd because they don't have anything to show yet, or at least not anything that's far enough along that they would feel good about showing. (http://wiinintendo.net/2008/07/22/iwatas-apology-for-e3-08/) With the exception of Zelda, they've released almost their entire arsenal of franchise heavyweights within the past 10 months with Metroid, Mario, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart. Do you really expect them to have something already for those already aside from some basic concepts and ideas?

You have a valid point. However, Nintendo has stated a brand new Wii Zelda has been in development for a year before TP was completed. They have been known to work on multiple Zeldas at once, or at least lay the ground work for one while finishing up another (MM -> TWW, FSA-> TP). This means that this title has been in development for at the very least, two years which should give them enough time to show something.

They have also had nearly three years to get their asses in gear with another NSMB, and that's not even 3D (though, an original DS 3D Mario could be interesting with no stupid stylus gimmicks of course).

Meh. They are just sitting on it, and probably using this smaller venue to appeal to more casual gamers. The whole notion of a Motion+ goes hand in hand with Nintendo's statement about making a more accurate move-to-move Zelda. And, I still think they have got to be making some sort of DS Smash Bros.

Rijuhn
07-24-2008, 01:00 AM
Not sure if anyone else saw what IGN had to say about the E3 show, but they too though it was lackluster and just didn't have the feeling of previous E3s. They also believe that it's in danger of just falling apart at this rate, because not every company represents themselves anymore at E3, and the smaller companies can't afford the representation. Truly sad.

IGN ARTICLE (http://games.ign.com/articles/892/892415p1.html)

vegeta1215
07-24-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm not trying to be sarcastic or an ass, but I'm curious as to what you enjoyed about it. I can tell you why I liked MC. Sure, it had a small overworld, but it felt inspired. The music, and characters where rich, and the Kinstone side quest was pretty neat too. I also enjoyed the dungeons too. Come to think of it, I need to play through that game again to refresh me on it.

PH had boring characters virtually no sound track, and tedious and obvious dungeons. Not to mention any extra island was just some one stop trip to Snoozeville. I never once felt truly challenged. The only thing I enjoyed was the battle against the two headed dragon thing. Most of the time, I found myself getting annoyed at various aspects of the game. It also looks like shit. Seriously, I'm not one to complain about graphics, but they should have gone with a 2D-backdrop-3D-model deal. It would have worked out better. More detailed backgrounds, and higher-poly models. You can't go wrong there with the DS's limited hardware.

I've always loved the style of The Wind Waker, so that was a big plus for me with PH. I was skeptical about the controls at first, and even frustrated for a short time, but I grew to really like them. Ummm... I liked sailing and discovering new islands. I enjoyed the snippets of The Wind Waker tunes. I really enjoyed the Ocean Palace and the various stealth parts (like on the Ghost Ship).

The dungeons weren't very challenging, but I haven't been challenged by a Zelda game in years. Also, even though I was hoping for a challenge, I wasn't expecting it, so I wasn't disappointed. There weren't many characters in PH, but I thought Linebeck was a great new character.

The Minish Cap is the worst of the Zelda series in my opinion, but it's by no means a bad game. I had fun playing The Minish Cap, but I felt really confined throughout the game. No Zelda will ever be as open as the original, and most of the Zelda games since the original have restricted where you can go until you get new items, etc, but the feeling was moreso with The Minish Cap for some reason. The shrinking was a neat idea, but I was never wowed by it as the game progresed. I also didn't like the new items so much, thought the dungeons were very linear and not that fun. And the Kinstone fusion drove me crazy. It was very repetitive, and for a completionist like me (with Zelda games at least), it felt never ending since I would fuse with one person, only to reveal a treasure chest somewhere that had yet another piece to fuse, and on and on and on.

But, that's just my opinion.

Nicholas Steel
08-07-2008, 06:47 AM
AFAIK, Capcom should resume making Zelda games >.> the gameboy colour ones where awesome :P