PDA

View Full Version : I need help regarding the boss room

Alex-Link
07-01-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm trying to put names for my bosses but I don't want to add a guy in order for the message string with the boss name to appear; plus, I also don't want for the boss to be attacking while the string is showing. Oh, and I also want to know how to make the string more visible. Thanks!!

The_Amaster
07-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Assuming your working in 2.10, heres what you do.

You make the screen with an invisible guy displaying the string, and draw the tiles for your boss where you want it to be.

Than you make the entire floor Direct Warps to another screen that looks exactly the same but with the boss enemy. The warps won't take effect until the string finishes displaying, so it'll show and then instantly (and unnoticibly) transport you.

And if you want the string more visible, you can put black or gray combos under the string on any layer 3-6 and check the "transparent" box.

Alex-Link
07-01-2008, 02:24 PM
I'm sorry but can you be a little more specific? like how do i make the guy invisible and basically the rest :(

Pielord
07-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Or you can make the bossroom a different Dmap and set the Dmap intro to want you want.

The_Amaster
07-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Okay, to make a guy invisible, decide which guy you never, ever use. Go find that guy's tile under Tiles, and delete it. Now if you use that guy for a room ,it'll appear invisible.

Make a new combo, and set it's tile to be your floor tiles. Than set it's combo type to one of the Direct Warps.

Make a new combo, set it's tile to be black. (Note: Not just a standard black, as that's actually transparent. Maybe make a new tile and make it true black.)
Then, well, the best thing I can tell you to do is go to IDK's tutorial for help with layers. It's in a sticky thread at the top of this forum.