PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I need a new set of headphones

ZTC
06-29-2008, 01:37 PM
About 3 years ago I bought a pair of headphones that lasted me a hell of a lot longer than any of the other ones I've had. Everything else I've bought has lasted me 3 months tops, but I found out that Sony makes great headphones(and they stand up to heavy abuse to boot). The pair in questions is the MDR-V150 Studio Monitor style. I've noticed that the earpieces are starting to shred pretty bad, so it's about time I retire that pair and get a new set. I'm trying to decide whether or not to get the same model, or to get one that's a step up; so I'm looking for suggestions on what to possibly get.

Aegix Drakan
06-29-2008, 01:47 PM
I've had bad luck with Headphones too. Most lasted two months tops.

:P But I finally got lucky. I've had this new pair for at least 3 months, and no problems at all.

I would recommend SkullCandy Headphones (if you want those little ear-bud kind of thing). They are AMAZING. It not only has excellent sound output, but it also seals off your ears a bit, so that the external noise is lessened.

:P $20 that I don't regret spending.

Beldaran
06-29-2008, 01:49 PM
I cannot stand, and refuse to wear, earbuds. They hurt my ears.

I go around like a retard with big muffin headphones on because they sound good and are comfortable.

I bought a cheap $20 pair of Sony headphones and WorstBuy and they have lasted me about a year so far. [shrug]

Shazza Dani
06-29-2008, 03:06 PM
I bought a cheap $20 pair of Sony headphones [at BestBuy] ...

Ditto. I've had them for a few years. My sister ripped the padding stuff of the earpieces, but I still use them.

... I would recommend SkullCandy Headphones (if you want those little ear-bud kind of thing). They are AMAZING. It not only has excellent sound/ output, but it also seals off your ears a bit, so that the external noise is lessened.

:P $20 that I don't regret spending.

I bought a pair of SkullCandys a few months ago and I hated them. They fit uncomfortably on my head and the sound quality sucked. I think mine cost $30; I took them back and got back mah money.

Modus Ponens
06-29-2008, 03:44 PM
I wear earbuds. Once in a while they make my ears a little sore, but they're so compact and they don't fall off my head even if I'm running or riding my bike or fighting Russians or whatever. I do like the big, high-quality headphones, but while I'm out and about, it's all about the earbuds for me.

Now, while I am partial to earbuds, I don't care much for Air Bud. Sorry, it's just me.

Beldaran
06-29-2008, 04:13 PM
You made Air Bud sad.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/54/149505749_a06da6f5cd.jpg?v=0

MrCow
06-29-2008, 05:21 PM
Sennheiser plz

ZTC
06-29-2008, 06:10 PM
I absolutely despise earbuds. They are quite uncomfortable and hurt my ears. The ones mentioned earler are the exact same heaphones I have. I'm surprised that they're still in working after 3 years. (even if they do look crap :lol: ). Do they still cost $20 or so?

MrCow
06-29-2008, 08:51 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD201-Headphones/dp/B0007XJSQC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1214787069&sr=8-1

far better then 20 dollar sony headphones.

Zank_Tripper
06-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Nearly a year back I too was in the market for some new headphones. The ones I had lasted me for about 3 or 4 years and the felt things were finally getting shredded. I thought about buying some, but never got around to it and I mentioned this to my dad. He was of the opinion that I should get a nice pair of Bose headphones. You know, the ones that are like 200-300 bucks. I thought this was crazy. I totally didn't want him to waste his money, but he went and bought them for me for my birthday anyway. I'd have to say that since then I've changed my mind.

I didn't think that I would ever think headphones were worth 200-300 bucks, but the Bose noise-cancellation ones I have really are. They are amazing. During the school year, my roommate can be watching a movie or listening to music and I can be doing the same thing at the same time with my headphones. The noise cancellation takes care of anything. It's like having your own personal concert hall that you can carry in your backpack. And it's even more amazing when you're playing, say, a first-person shooter. You can hear everything exactly as it is meant to be and it's quite and experience. Not to mention on airplanes. It cancels out the majority of the noise from airplanes and that's a giant bonus. Seriously, think about investing some money into nice headphones and you'll be rewarded.