PDA

View Full Version : Double Dragon Arcade Record (team): I need help

Nightmare
06-29-2008, 01:19 AM
Recently, Triforce Game Master and Justin Wong really stepped on classic gamers' toes. They set a record in Double Dragon Arcade, which I was really good at (and still carry it well, on poor emulation I was still able to reach well into Mission 3 at 40K). I am tired of these fighting game freaks stepping all over classic gamers like we are nothing. I know we're good enough to play, I have seen some of us in play, but we never really say anything about it or stand up for ourselves very much.

So my question is, would someone like to team with me and help break their arcade record? I'm good for at least 50K by myself without trying, and considering the score fluff for beating levels, if someone could make it to Mission 4 with me I think we could easily break that record.

LMK or post here if you're interested. BTW, this will probably require some travel and Twin Galaxies verification when we're ready to do this.

Thanks.

-James

Modus Ponens
06-29-2008, 02:33 AM
Ahem:

You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?!

Beldaran
06-29-2008, 02:36 AM
"It's so bad."

http://images.quickblogcast.com/68214-59768/the_wizard_movie.jpg

War Lord
06-29-2008, 04:40 AM
I bet I could achieve this.
I'd have to play a bit tomorrow to be sure however.

Skulkraken
06-29-2008, 04:43 AM
I wish you luck in your quest. I am not particularly good at classic games (I haven't inherited my dad's reportedly insane skill in Pacman and the like), but I'll still be rooting for you.

I think I've heard Justin Wong's name before. If I'm not mistaken, he's one of the top SF2 players. It would be very epic to see someone from here take him down a peg or two. :p

Nicholas Steel
06-29-2008, 05:52 AM
double dragon is terrible game :P double dragon 3 ftw!

MottZilla
06-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Pssh, Warlord and I played Double Dragon on Xbox Live and we both got 5 million points without even trying. So why are these people not allowed to hold the highscore? Cause you don't like them? I don't get it.

Nightmare
06-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Pssh, Warlord and I played Double Dragon on Xbox Live and we both got 5 million points without even trying. So why are these people not allowed to hold the highscore? Cause you don't like them? I don't get it.

They are trying to take over video gaming and everything in every genre and really don't know how to play. Their record was more of a thing of them doing it and no one else even trying.

-James

rock_nog
06-29-2008, 10:56 PM
double dragon is terrible game :P double dragon 3 ftw!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9QjLs1mZ5c

That's all I've got to say about that.

MottZilla
06-30-2008, 01:17 AM
Well, I checked the website and found it strange that all the single player high scores were higher than their team score. So you're saying they just took advantage of the chance to be the first to even attempt this new scoring category/rule set? If so then it shouldn't be hard to get them knocked off by better players.

Nightmare
06-30-2008, 01:37 AM
Well, I checked the website and found it strange that all the single player high scores were higher than their team score. So you're saying they just took advantage of the chance to be the first to even attempt this new scoring category/rule set? If so then it shouldn't be hard to get them knocked off by better players.

Pretty much, and took the ballyhoo and advertised it on every video game site out there.

Typical Empire Arcadia.

-James

Nicholas Steel
06-30-2008, 02:59 AM
Nightmare is HERE, on AGN???? o_O

Anyways, yea I watched most of TAVGN already rock_nog. Kinda hate how he switched to game trailers though... because it is like buffer heaven unless you got a really decent connection.