PDA

View Full Version : help with midi please!!!

octavio
06-28-2008, 02:13 PM
i'm a newbie at this and i don't really know how to have music playing in your game, can some one help. i've read several tutorials and i still haven't found anything on midis. can someone please tell me where to save midi music to in order to use them in z quest. every time i want to download a song it asks me what to open with but i don't know what to use. can someone please help!!

Pineconn
06-28-2008, 02:23 PM
You should put the MIDI into your Zelda Classic folder. In most cases, you'll find it in the Program Files folder in the C drive (in My Computer). Take the MIDI and drag it (or cut-paste it) into the ZC folder. Then, in ZQuest, go Quest -> MIDIs*, select an empty MIDI number, and click [Edit]. Click [Load] and find the MIDI (hopefully you are already looking in the ZC folder, in which case you'll be able to find it in a snap). Select the MIDI and hit [OK]. You can then tinker with the volume and other MIDI properties.

*Note: In ZC 2.5, you must go Quest -> Music -> MIDIs in order to access the MIDI Specs window.

octavio
06-28-2008, 02:51 PM
i have mozilla firefox whenever i download some thing it asks me what to open with. it doesn't give me the option of copying and pasting. i tried to do what you recommended but then it tells me to give the file location. i have no idea what i am doing here.

Pineconn
06-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Oh, so you haven't downloaded the MIDI yet? Open it up with, say, Windows Media Player. Then just go File -> Save As and save it into the ZC folder.

octavio
06-28-2008, 05:06 PM
thanks, it worked! i just have two more questions: what program do i use to open up quests from the database (you know, like using win.med.player for midi's) and how do i get more tiles because the ones that i am currently using look too old and boring.(please include where to save it to because it seems that the main problem that i'm having is not knowing where to save files, quests, etc. to.)

Pineconn
06-28-2008, 11:19 PM
You need to play quests with Zelda Classic (zelda-w.exe). Make sure you save the quest files into the ZC folder.

Get better tilesets [here (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tilesets&sort=rating)]. As always, download them into your ZC folder.