PDA

View Full Version : A, B, C, D Warps...How do use them?

ScaryBinary
06-28-2008, 11:38 AM
...uh...that should be "How do I use them?"

<edit>
Figured it out. In Quest > Rules > Combos, had to check "Use warp return points only" and uncheck "Use old-style warp detection". Read below for the original question if you're still interested...
</edit>

OK: I have a single screen that has a few small houses on it (see example pic below). Let's say two houses, House A and House B, for the sake of the argument. So naturally I want Link to be able to enter either house, in which case he's Tile Warped to the appropriate house interior. When he leaves the house interior, he should be warped back to the spot in front of the house he was in (indicated by blue squares in the example pic).

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/6130/zelda001lb6.th.png (http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zelda001lb6.png)

The door to House A is type Cave (Walk Up) [A] and the door to House B is type Cave (Walk Up) [B]. in Screen > Tile Warp, I've used Entrance/Exit warp types to warp Link to the house interiors. This part seems to work OK - Link ends up in the right house interior DMap when he enters a door. In front (below) the House A door, I've put a blue Warp A return...In front of House B, the blue Warp B return.

In the house interior DMaps (I've set them as Interior DMaps, I don't know if that's right or not), I'm using side-warps, with the bottom of the screen as the trigger, to warp Link back to the Overworld DMap.

The problem I'm having is that when Link leaves a house, he ends up on the correct Overworld screen (the one with the two houses) but he doesn't end up in front of the correct door (where I put the blue Warp return). He just ends up at 0,0 on the screen.

How do I get Link to end up at the blue warp return squares? Or am I totally misunderstanding how these A, B, C, and D warp thingies work?

Pineconn
06-28-2008, 03:12 PM
I know what you are doing wrong. Go back into the interior screens. In the screen that is the interior of House A, make sure that the side warp is defined as "A". You can see the letter "A" in the little red rectangle that you set the side warp direction as. Likewise, in the screen that is the interior of House B, make sure that the side warp is defined as "B" by clicking on it again. You can cycle through A -> B -> C -> D -> None by clicking on the red rectangle multiple times.

I hope that helped... I don't use 2.5 much. :)