PDA

View Full Version : permanent block trigger flags?

Master Maniac
06-22-2008, 07:03 PM
is there any way you guys could add something like that? block triggers are always temporary, and that doesn't help out much when I need to use a block to trigger secrets on other screens...

Joe123
06-22-2008, 07:09 PM
'Trigger (Sens. Perm' (or whatever _L_'s renamed them, Step->Secrets or something).

Make the block trigger secret put them on the floor where Link will stand.
Then your secret will become permanent.

_L_
06-26-2008, 02:27 AM
But wait. Link can't be assured of stepping onto the spot where a pushed block once way.

...What seems to be the problem? Secrets should be permanent unless:

1) The "All Triggers->Perm Scrt" Screen Flag is set, and there are still some Trigger Combo Flags left on the screen, or
2) The "Secrets Are Temporary" Screen Flag is set, or
3) The DMap type is "NES Dungeon", or
4) The Screen Secrets were triggered by Link stepping on a "Trigger (Temporary)" or "Trigger (Sens. Temp)" Combo Type, or
5) The Screen Secrets were triggered by Link pushing a Trigger Push Block (even if it was onto a lonely Block Trigger flag) whose combo type was not "Push (Heavy)" or "Push (Heavy, Wait)" or "Push (Very Heavy)" or "Push (Very Heavy, Wait)", or
6) The Screen Secrets were triggered by the "Enemies->Secret" Screen Flag, and the "Permanent Enemies->Secret" Screen Flag is not set.

Right now, I suspect your problem is either 5) or 3). To clarify, 5 says that if Link pushes a block that is not called "push", the secrets will always be temporary.

Shoelace
06-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Yes, it will be temporary, unless you do what Joe123 does. As I did that in Hero of Dreams countless times so that you don't have to do the same block puzzles all of the time. :P