PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

JackAnimated
06-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Hi, just joined. When I play ZC or any quest I get a very slow framerate. I have a dual core up-to-date pc, so this is strange. Any help please?

Also, with zquest, how do i go about loading zelda, then loading a new tileset and replacing the old with the new?

And before I do that... do you know of a quest of zelda redone with tileset from LTTP on the Snes?

Thanks very much,

Jack

Pineconn lolz
06-20-2008, 08:44 PM
I have a dual core up-to-date pc

This is probably the problem, actually. Can you give us me detailed hardware specs?

Pineconn
06-20-2008, 09:58 PM
What version of ZC are you using? If 2.10, try downloading the latest beta at www.shardstorm.com and see if it runs any better.

In order to load a tileset, you first need to determine what format it is. Some will be ".qst"; in this case, simply go File -> Open to open it. If it is a graphics pack, or ".zgp", you need to go File -> Import -> Graphics Pack to import it. If you want to replace the graphics of an already-made quest, you now have the tedious work of replacing every single combo in your combo table manually. ;)

I'm not sure if I understand your third question. I don't think that anyone has remade LttP on Zelda Classic. If you are simply looking for a quest with LttP-like graphics, look for those with "LttP" or "Pure" tilesets on www.zeldaclassic.com.

Sam Atoms
06-20-2008, 10:51 PM
And before I do that... do you know of a quest of zelda redone with tileset from LTTP on the Snes?

You might try checking this (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=72) out

Shazza Dani
06-20-2008, 11:35 PM
You might try checking this (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=72) out

I've never played it, but people complain that it's full of glitches. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't like to play poorly made games.

Sam Atoms
06-21-2008, 12:04 AM
I've never played it, but people complain that it's full of glitches. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't like to play poorly made games.

I've played through it pretty deep, and there may be glitches but the only serious ones are in Level 9 around the boss room. (Yes, I know, greatly annoying.)

JackAnimated
06-21-2008, 06:05 AM
Ok, thanks. That new beat works perfectly so far. As for the the remake... yeah. I guess I gotta come up with a new plan now.

thanks for the help

Jack