PDA

View Full Version : You Never Know Who You'll Meet at IHOP

Modus Ponens
06-19-2008, 12:02 AM
I recently moved to Seattle from my hometown of Mount Vernon, which is just about an hour north on I-5. Today I ate lunch at the IHOP on Madison Street. Sitting in the booth next to me were a pair of cute British girls. We got to chatting and one of them, Susie, told me about this road trip they're on, starting in Seattle and going to L.A. It sounded fun.

The next thing I know, she's pointing a video camera at me, and she says, "Doug, did you know English women were this hot?" I chuckled a bit as I munched some bacon and joked, "Actually, I thought they were hotter. Sorry." They got a nice laugh out of that. She told me that she makes these little documentaries of all her road trips, including this one she took back in September which is on YouTube. She said, "Search for 'Susie Amy Route 66'." We exchanged our friendly farewells and I left with a full stomach and a very pleasant attitude.

I got home and searched for and watched her video, and then after a little more research it turns out that she's a TV star across the pond. Search Google Images or YouTube or Wikipedia or IMDb for "Susie Amy" and you'll see what I mean.

So there you go. No photo with her and no autograph, but only because at the time I didn't know I'd ever want them.

ZTC
06-19-2008, 12:15 AM
The IHOP in my area sucks :(
Meh... But it makes for fond memories, doesn't it?
edit: I think I misread a bit =/

Beta Link
06-19-2008, 12:56 AM
Well that's kinda cool. Granted, it would have been more cool if you got a photo or an autograph, but hey... Like ZTC said: It makes for fond memories. :) I've never heard of her either, but then again, I'm also American, so it's not that surprising, is it?

ctrl-alt-delete
06-19-2008, 11:36 AM
The IHOP in my area sucks :(
Meh... But it makes for fond memories, doesn't it?
edit: I think I misread a bit =/

Are there not like...12 Ihops in your area?

Masamune
06-19-2008, 01:12 PM
http://www.lycos.co.uk/graphics/xy/babegalleries/Susie-Amy/307-0142.jpg

For real?

ZTC
06-19-2008, 02:15 PM
The closest one to me is in Bradley, about 30 mins away from my house and their service sucks. All the other ones are 45min to an hour from my house.

Modus Ponens
06-19-2008, 05:18 PM
For real?

That's the one. She was wearing more clothing at the time, though.

AlphaDawg
06-19-2008, 06:31 PM
I made a rare public appearance at the IHOP in Blue Bell, PA last Tuesday night about 10:30. I had the carrot cake pancakes. They were delicious.

Beldaran
06-20-2008, 02:02 PM
You Never Know Who You'll Meet at IHOP

http://www.moviepublicity.com/image_assets/dumbdumber_05.jpg

bigjoe
06-20-2008, 02:55 PM
I heard Ernest met Ernest at IHOP. He has a habit of bumping into himself though.

By the way, theres something very masculine about that woman. I'm digging. And no, I don't mean Digg digging. -_-