PDA

View Full Version : Help please

666angel0
06-18-2008, 06:27 PM
I currently just began experimenting with ZC and have found out a lot of stuff from this fourm, but when I enter the dungeon I have made Link appears and then walks down a small bit. Is there any way to get him to not do this. I have my dungeon on map 2 and set to Dmap 1; also it is level 1. Thx! Also any help with layering would help too. I have the DoR (dance of remeberance) Tileset and want to know how to use the wind and birds.

I started on chests and is there anyway to get a string to activate when link grabs the item in the chest?

SpykStorm
06-18-2008, 09:38 PM
I started on chests and is there anyway to get a string to activate when link grabs the item in the chest?

I don't know if that's possible in version 2.10, but if your using an alpha build, you can get a script.

Also any help with layering would help too.

See this (http://www.geocities.com/idontknowtutorial/contents.html?1048292445858) tutorial.

666angel0
06-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the link! It is very helpful. But does anyone else have the problem where link walks down when he enters the dungeon. thanks guys.

Shazza Dani
06-18-2008, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the link! It is very helpful. But does anyone else have the problem where link walks down when he enters the dungeon. thanks guys.

Make the starting point touching the edge of the screen.

The_Amaster
06-19-2008, 10:58 AM
...in the alphas you don't actually need a script. Theres a chest combo type.

Joe123
06-19-2008, 11:10 AM
item script message{
void run(int m){
Screen->Message(m);
}
}

666angel0
06-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the entering fix, I was pulling my hair out over that. Do any of you guys know how to get a big chest to work and have it appear when the player kills all the enemies on the screen? and what is an alpha?

PS: I have no idea how to script.

SpykStorm
06-19-2008, 03:41 PM
You don't need to know how to script. You can just insert other existing scripts.

and what is an alpha?

They are the beta versions for 2.5. You can get them at shardstorm.com (http://www.shardstorm.com). They can be buggy, but the recent ones are a lot more stable.

666angel0
06-19-2008, 04:21 PM
I downloaded build 819. What do I do with the zip file? just unzip it in to my ZC folder? Also, do you know how to make a big and small chest and make them appear only when the enemies are dead. thanks for the help so far guys!

SpykStorm
06-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Unzip it in its own folder, and then move your QST files into your new folder, that's how I do it.

Set the secret tiles for the treasure chest tiles, and place the appropriate flags where you want the treasure chest to appear. Then, turn on the 'Enemies Trigger Secrets' (at least that is what I think it's called) screen rule.

666angel0
06-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Sry for all the questions guys but is there anyway to set more than one under combo for a screen; I have flowers and buches on the same screen. Also now when I enter my dungeon link walks in(and not down thanks to you guys) and freezes. I can still pause and change my item but he can't move ore use his A or B item thanks for the help

666angel0
06-19-2008, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the hep so far guys and sorry for all the questions. Is there any way to have more than one under combo for a screen? I have a flower and a bush on the same screen and the flower has the buches undercombo. also when I have link enter the entrence of my dungeon he freezes. he won't move or use his A or B items but I can pause and change the Items. thanks for the help

666angel0
06-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Any one know how to get a fariy to heal link in a room? I set the guy as fairy but she won't appear? Also I am having some problems with undercombs; I have a flower and a bush on the same screen but the flower regrows as a bush because of my undercombo but I want it to have its own undercombo. And one more problems, tile warps. I have it set so link walks into a waterfall and warps but he starts at the same spot on the screen he goes to noy on the green start tile. these problems are killing me! any help? thanks!

The_Amaster
06-20-2008, 03:34 PM
The first I'm not sure, except try it with the dmap type as Dungeon, Interior, or Overworld, and then tell me which one works.

The second, wel, unfortunatly you can't have mulltiple undercombos. But if you set the flowers up with a slashed flower patch next to them on the combo page and make the flowers the 'Slash->Next' type, that has a similar effect.

The green square only affects the initial map starting spot. Use the blue square for warps.

666angel0
06-20-2008, 04:52 PM
I cannot find the slash->next command under the combo editor. do you think layering it would work? Also my game when I play it has become super fast how can I fix it?

Mega Link
06-20-2008, 05:55 PM
I cannot find the slash->next command under the combo editor. do you think layering it would work?
No. "Slash->Next" is there, if you click the little arrow, and press 's' once and 'pg dn' twice on your key board you can see it right there.

Also my game when I play it has become super fast how can I fix it?
It is a ZC bug, just try restarting ZC until it goes at normal speed.

666angel0
06-20-2008, 08:05 PM
I can't get my tile warps to work. link enters the warp and won't go to the blue square on the next screen, he stays in the same spot. also I still cannot find the slash->next command lol. And how do you put a fairy that heals you in a room?

bobrocks95
06-20-2008, 08:29 PM
are you using a walkthrough? The ones I used when I first started ZC told you how to do all of this.

666angel0
06-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Nope, I have been learning it all through trial and error plus this forum.

SpykStorm
06-20-2008, 08:57 PM
And how do you put a fairy that heals you in a room?

Place the fairy combos on the screen and place the appropriate flags.

666angel0
06-20-2008, 09:36 PM
If someone could, would they please post a link to a really good tutiorial?

Mega Link
06-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Or, a thread full of tutorials.

Calling All Tutorials (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82819)

SpykStorm
06-23-2008, 09:58 PM
The ZCWiki (http://www.shardstorm.com/ZCwiki/Main_Page) is also a really good resource. You can learn a lot from it. :)

Mega Link
06-23-2008, 10:26 PM
You can even learn how to add a 2x2 frame to your strings.
http://www.shardstorm.com/ZCwiki/String_Editor

666angel0
06-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Nice thanks for those guys.but i did not understand the string guide. Also I want to make it so you can talk to people and signs by pressing "A". I think that the guide also told you how to change the way the string looked. Also I think scripting is needed for these. If some one could tell me how do all of this it would be great. I just started on a town and I have all the outside done but I need to do inside houses and diologue. Thanks:)

EDIT: Where can I get version 2.50 of ZC? it mentioned it in the wiki.

SpykStorm
06-25-2008, 01:42 AM
Again, shardstorm.com

I mentioned that once already. :tongue:

Also I want to make it so you can talk to people and signs by pressing "A".

Check the Script Showcase in the scripting forum.

I think that the guide also told you how to change the way the string looked.

There is special code to format strings with the string editor. I think _L_ explains it in a sticky in Beta Discussion.

Mega Link
06-25-2008, 11:46 AM
There is special code to format strings with the string editor. I think _L_ explains it in a sticky in Beta Discussion.
It can be found here:
http://www.shardstorm.com/ZCwiki/String_Editor#String_Control_Codes

666angel0
06-25-2008, 12:30 PM
when i downloaded the build and extracted it, it said that I was missing alleg42.dll, do I need to download something else?

bobrocks95
06-25-2008, 12:40 PM
when i downloaded the build and extracted it, it said that I was missing alleg42.dll, do I need to download something else?

I had that weird problem too. Try renaming alleg_crd42.dll(or something similar to that, I don't exactly remember) to alleg42.dll. It fixed my problem.

Mega Link
06-25-2008, 01:58 PM
I had that weird problem too. Try renaming alleg_crd42.dll(or something similar to that, I don't exactly remember) to alleg42.dll. It fixed my problem.
That's what I did too. Could a developer explain why it has that name?

SpykStorm
06-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Just an accident, I think. I had to rename it too.

666angel0
06-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks it worked, but I have another problem with my shop. I have the guy set to merchant, shop type at #1( i set the type already), on map 12, and a string. I can go to the shop but nothing happens when I enter. any ideas?

_L_
06-25-2008, 11:32 PM
Well, the Guy is responsible for the shop, so if the Guy doesn't appear, the shop doesn't appear. And one of the DMap checkboxes was "Special Rooms and Guys Are In Caves Only." Does that shed some light on anything?

666angel0
06-25-2008, 11:58 PM
YA! Thanks! But the sound still won't play... any help? also is there any way to get it so the guy wont appear in the room and change the string location?

bobrocks95
06-26-2008, 12:31 PM
You can put the guy to none, and do you mean change where the string appears in the room? I think you can do that in the string editor if you're using a 2.5 beta by changing the x and y parameters.

666angel0
06-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Thanks! any one know what the romview does?

SpykStorm
06-26-2008, 10:07 PM
RomView rips tiles from ROMs (I think). I don't know how well it works, as I've never used it before.

666angel0
06-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Alright I have a few more questions. Is there any way to have more than one active subscreen? and is there any way to get link to move diagonally and allow him to roll?

The_Amaster
06-27-2008, 03:52 PM
In order:

No.

Check the quest rule Z3 Movement, I'm pretty sure. Either that or an animation setting under his sprites.

There's a script for it. Look around the script showcase forums.

666angel0
06-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks, I'v been doing a lot with subscreens lately and eant to know how I can make Items like the Goron's Ruby like the triforce pieces and have them show up on the subscreen and make an item like that with out altering the origonal trifoce piece. Also I could not find the Z3 rule under rules. I'm using build 819.

Joe123
06-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Make lots of active subscreens, and attribute them to lots of different DMaps.
Then you can have lots.
And I can be drunk lots =D
It's all good =D

And Z3 is under Quest->Graphics->Sprites->Link.

666angel0
06-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Thanks For telling me where the Z3 walk was! I don't understand the subscreens tho. Also Im having trouble with scripts (I dont even know how to open one so I can make one) how long does it take to learn scripting? also anyone know how to make a diffrent type of item like the triforce pieces in zelda one; I wanna make a pendant like in zelda 3.

bobrocks95
06-27-2008, 09:18 PM
Ummm... I guess you could set the triforce sprite to one of a pendant. Not sure how you would change the colors though...

666angel0
06-28-2008, 01:21 AM
Thanks Bob, I figured it out. But I still have more questions lol. anyone know how tell the game to use a subscreen I created? and will having no map mess it up?

The_Amaster
06-28-2008, 03:18 AM
Oh, I guess that coudl work.
Under DMap settings there should be an option for which subscreen is used on that DMap.

666angel0
06-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks I can see my subscreen but I can see the map I am on through some of the screen and I want it to be all black. How can i fix this? also can I make so there is more than one bottle?

bobrocks95
06-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Do you want to remove the "map box" in the top left-hand corner? You would have to re-design the passive subscreen with the subscreen editor to remove that box.

More than one bottle? Check the script showcase and ask Joe123, he has something like this in his joint quest, Key to the Heavens.

This all sounds very, very complex for a first quest. I suggest you start yourself off easier with simple things and no scripting.

666angel0
06-28-2008, 06:58 PM
I don't want to remove the map box. I can see through part of my subscreen and see screen I am on.

SpykStorm
07-02-2008, 02:55 PM
I think you can start a new script by clicking 'Compile Script', and you can import them by clicking 'Import Script'.

Joe123
07-02-2008, 03:22 PM
More than one bottle? Check the script showcase and ask Joe123, he has something like this in his joint quest, Key to the Heavens.

Yeah, I've sort of done that.
If you want a look at the script, and try and use it, I've got nothing against that.
The quest file is unpassworded if you find it somewhere, I made a thread in Quest Announcement/Discussion if you want a link to it.

I'm not prepared to help set it up for other people or anything though I'm afraid. I usually would be, but it was such a faff for me to do originally. It requires(/required in my case) about 20 different custom scripted items.
It's not really complicated, just very awkward.

666angel0
07-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Hey guys sorry its been a while. I got some loose tiles from Purezc but I don't know how to rip them to my tile set. any ideas?

SpykStorm
07-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Go to the tileset editor and there should be a 'grab' button, then click the 'File' button. Select the tiles you wish to import, and recolor them if needed.

666angel0
07-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks I had no Idea how to get those tiles. I'v had another problem for awhile now tho. I can hear the sound affects on the game but I cannot hear the music, the last thing I did was download a few MIDI's and now music won't work in both programs. thanks

SpykStorm
07-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Click the volume icon on your task bar and open the volume control. Then, make sure SW Synth is turned all the way up. And make sure it's not muted, too. If that don't work, then I have no idea why you can't hear the music.

666angel0
07-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks, it worked! Does anyone know where I can get some jumping link tiles for the DoR tileset whith his hat?