PDA

View Full Version : Out of work and possibly dying

SUCCESSOR
06-18-2008, 03:57 PM
So a quick update:

The job as a car saleman didn't work out. I t was a shit job anyway. I started working for my mom's husband repainting a house and that went well for about a week. then he didn't work for a week leaving me shit out of luck. FINALLY he we started working again for about two weeks finishing the paint job and started working on tearing down and redoing a ceiling during which I got coated in dark brown and black dust.

Over that weekend I got sick and with a bad headache(that lasted over a week), chest pains, and nausea. Sunday I felt better and had a few drinks and a couple cigarettes(I don't smoke) But noticed that night(over three days later) that I had a rash I my neck and chest where my shirt didn't cover. I woke up the next day with the feeling of a few bricks hanging in my lungs and bad shortness of breath. I drank some elecampane and lots of water and worked the next day fine but still short of breath.

The next day, today, I feel fine still short of breath(and out of work) but my wife pointed out that me nail beds and whites of my eyes are blue. So now she thinks it was asbestos and that I'm gonna die.

I dunno but I don't like feeling like an asthmatic, and the heaviness in my lung without coughing up anything bothers me.

Am I dying?

MrCow
06-18-2008, 03:59 PM
See a doctor.

Beldaran
06-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Am I dying?

Pop quiz, hotshot:

You think you may have inhaled a dangerous compound. Your eyes have turned blue and you can't breathe. Do you:

a) Go to a hospital
b) Post about it on a video game website

Pineconn lolz
06-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Why don't you.....go to a doctor?

heres a little chart for you

1.) go to doctor, find out nothing is wrong, worry about paying hospital bill
2.) go to doctor, find out nothing is wrong, die anyway.
3.) go to doctor, find out something is wrong, die
4.) go to doctor, find out something is wrong, its fixed, worry about paying hospital bill
5.) go to doctor, die (just right there, with no verdict on your condition)
6.) die

But really, why are you posting on a forum? What are we gonna do?

EDIT: ah beaten too it.

SUCCESSOR
06-18-2008, 04:06 PM
My eyes and fingers aren't like dead body blue. It's something you wouldn't notice unless your OCD.

Pineconn lolz
06-18-2008, 04:07 PM
But what harm is it to go to the doctor?

I mean, if you can't afford it, then worry about that better. Would you rather be potentially dead or in debt?

SUCCESSOR
06-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Doctors are full of shit, greedy, narcissistic assholes. I don't like people that waste my time and charge me up the ass for it.

Pineconn lolz
06-18-2008, 04:13 PM
What's wrong with you?

PM me your adress so I can send flowers.

Beldaran
06-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Doctors are full of shit, greedy, narcissistic assholes. I don't like people that waste my time and charge me up the ass for it.

You should tell your doctor that as he's saving your life.

SUCCESSOR
06-18-2008, 04:36 PM
my life's not in need of saving.

Beldaran
06-18-2008, 04:40 PM

One thing that separates us from the monkeys is our ability to anticipate future events in a complex way.

For instance, you may not be dying at this exact moment, but consider the notion that you may, at some point, need medical attention to prevent your death.

Cognition: It's grrrrrreat!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2407/2051242032_0ed2de71d6_o.jpg

MrCow
06-18-2008, 04:42 PM

then why did you make this thread?

Cloral
06-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Asbestos doesn't affect you in this way. But it could be something else. You know who could tell you what it is?

A doctor.

Really at this point you have two choices: go to the doctor and find out if there's something wrong, or ignore your symptoms and hope they go away. But if you pick option #2, then you don't get to go to online forums and complain about your symptoms, since you chose to not do anything about them.

bigjoe
06-18-2008, 05:12 PM
SUCCESSOR just wants people to know that hes damn awesome and not going to sell out to a doctor or be a pussy just because he's losing his life. Stop deriding him.:mad:

More butt pics plz.

ctrl-alt-delete
06-18-2008, 05:58 PM
I get the feeling you will be just fine. Asbestos poisoning, leading to cancer, is a process that takes a long course of time to develop...you would have had to have been exposed for at least a couple months.

Lilith
06-18-2008, 07:38 PM
---

Pineconn lolz
06-18-2008, 07:58 PM
dying

You seem like quite the braniac.

Dechipher
06-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Fuck that. Don't go to the hospital. My summer of work-free self improvement, in which I composed and practiced a ton, has been ruined due to my need to pay for hospital bills from March.

Fuck that. Either die, or get better.

AtmaWeapon
06-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Dude. Seriously.

Pee in a cup, and take a sip. If it tastes like vinegar, you need to see a doctor because it's something serious.

SUCCESSOR
06-18-2008, 10:20 PM
This post isn't about crying about my symptoms or saving my life. If I truly felt I was going to die I probably would be in a hospital. I know I am sick. I may have something that is causing my shortness of breath, a lot of thing do. And whatever is affecting my lungs had dropped the oxygen level in my body to get low causing my extremities to show a bit of blue. I am obviously allergic to what the dust contained as it gave me a skin rash so I imagine it didn't do kindly to my lungs.

Simply because I do not run to a doctor with every symptom doesn't mean I am doing nothing. There is most often a better way to deal with illness than funding a horrible system. My wife gave birth to our daughter at home. Not because we decided to do nothing but because I believe there is a better way to do it. I may someday need a tumor removed or help with a failing liver but if one of my gall ducts gets clogged I won't run off to get an organ removed because that is just foolish way to be.

Trevelyan_06
06-19-2008, 02:30 AM
Dude. Seriously.

Pee in a cup, and take a sip. If it tastes like vinegar, you need to see a doctor because it's something serious.

Are we talking about a taste like white vinegar or more like apple vinegar?

Brasel
06-19-2008, 02:22 PM
These (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_McPherson)people thought there was a better way too.

AtmaWeapon
06-22-2008, 01:04 AM
Honestly we can't tell you what to do. If you're turning to the internet for help, one of two things is true: You're so indecisive you can't make a decision without asking a group of strangers who aren't qualified to make a decision for advice. You aren't going to go to the doctor, and you were hoping for several, "Wait it out man. Painful lungs, shortness of breath, and parts of your body turning blue is perfectly normal" responses to reinforce this decision.In either case, it's always worth going to the doctor when bad symptoms persist. Here's an anecdote I'm sure you'll ignore. I just had a sore throat that started out feeling just like a typical sinus infection-related thing, and I always ignore these because by the time I can get a doctor's appointment and time off of work they are gone. This one lasted a week and a half, and by the end it was getting hard to swallow and my ear was very irritated. I went to the doctor and discovered that somehow I developed cellulitis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellulitis) in my throat. Treatment took some thought, since I'm allergic to the two antibiotics usually used for this. The doctor finally found one that she thought might work, and after two days of the antibiotic I could drink water without flinching again. Today, I feel good as new. Who knows what would have happened to me if I decided to soldier through it? It wasn't getting any better, and it had already spread from my throat to my ear via the Eustachian tube. I definitely don't think it would have been wise to let it go on.

Your symptoms are fairly severe, if you're even telling the truth. You asked for opinions, and it's not polite to ask people for their opinion then argue with them. My opinion is you should see a doctor.

Zank_Tripper
06-22-2008, 02:08 AM
What is it with people hating doctors? Is it just because they're smart and rich? Is it jealousy? I can understand not going if you don't have the money, but really, what is more important than your health?

Please go see a doctor, as I'm sure none of us would like you to die or even get very sick.

Lilith
06-22-2008, 01:33 PM
---

MottZilla
06-22-2008, 02:26 PM
You might have been sucking in some nice fiberglass insulation or just blown-in insulation of some kind. Generally this is not a smart thing to do. When ripping out ceilings or walls, or going into an attic you should wear a face mask to prevent breathing in alot of particles. And afterwards you gotta shower and wash your clothes. There's alot of nasty shit in the non-living spaces of buildings.

It'd probably be smart to get some of that dust and have someone tell you what it is so you know if its toxic or anything. Smoking helps because of some sort of paralyzing type of effect on your lungs. But that's just like taking a pain killer but not treating what is fucked up.

KingOfHeart
06-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Well if you want some different advice then seeing a doctor then I'd recommend fruits, vegetables, herbs. Think these ideas are foolish, well I personally don't. It helped me stay healthy most of the year.

Guessing you also have depression due to your job life not going so well. I personally have a job, but so hard trying to find a new job that I would want.