PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi points are actually good for something!

Zaphod Q. IX
06-17-2008, 09:13 AM
For the low, low price of 5 Pepsi points I was able to download the song "Volvo 240" by a small time punk band called The Shakedowns through Amazon.com. Not only did I not have to waste time searching for the song on p2p, but the band actually got paid a small amount for song. Happy day all around. :D

Pineconn lolz
06-17-2008, 09:16 AM
Glad you avoided piracy I guess :P

Is a pepsi point worth more than a Pineconn lolz tripence?

vegeta1215
06-17-2008, 06:45 PM
I have about 150 Pepsi points. I haven't decided what songs to get with them, but I think the promotion goes till the end of the year, so I have time to decide. The only thing that bugs me is you can't use Pepsi points on every song in the Amazon mp3 store, which sucks (but you can use it on a lot)

btw, I hate Pepsi. I'm a Coke person. But my mom drinks Diet Pepsi all the time, and free song downloads are awesome.

Shazza Dani
06-17-2008, 07:35 PM
I get all my music for free. =\ Anyway, I don't drink soda.

Beldaran
06-17-2008, 08:35 PM
What would make sense is if Pepsi points were redeemable for dental work.

Shazza Dani
06-17-2008, 08:52 PM
What would make sense is if Pepsi points were redeemable for dental work.

Hahaha, agreed.

Zaphod Q. IX
06-18-2008, 02:45 AM
I get all my music for free. =\
I steal music, unless it's struggling musicians like this guy (http://www.myspace.com/onemanjamband). I've actually purchased 3 of his albums. He plays in a bar by my house.

...I don't drink soda.
I don't drink any soda but Ale-8-one (http://www.ale-8-one.com/index.html?CFID=762182&CFTOKEN=42551315). Best ginger Ale ever. My woman drinks caffeine-free pepsi, that's where I got the pepsi points.

Skulkraken
06-18-2008, 03:13 AM
Agh. I registered an Amazon account as part of the Pepsi points deal a while ago, only to find out that I'm not eligible at all because I live on Guam. The exact same thing happened when I signed up for that damn WebridesTV site that showed up here a while back. Now I'm stuck with a steady stream of junk mail, and no way to get anything from it. Bah, humbug. ;__;

Zaphod Q. IX
06-18-2008, 03:35 AM
...I'm not eligible at all because I live on Guam.
Not to be mean, but why the heck are you living in Guam?

And, OMG, I hadn't even noticed that you are still a part of AGN. I remember you from back in the day. Good to see that some of the old guard is still active. :D

Skulkraken
06-18-2008, 04:43 AM
I grew up here. :p

...And I'm considered part of the old guard? I had no idea I was around AGN long enough to qualify for that. O_o

Zaphod Q. IX
06-19-2008, 12:56 AM
I grew up here. :p

I did not know that. After reading your post, I checked out the CIA factbook entry for Guam. (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/gq.html) It looks pretty cool.

...And I'm considered part of the old guard? I had no idea I was around AGN long enough to qualify for that. O_o
You registered shortly after me, silly. You've been around for most of AGN's history. :P