PDA

View Full Version : New items?

shaZAM
06-16-2008, 12:08 AM
I'd to make more magic wands so that I can have a game that revolves around magic use.

I'd like to shoot a projectile that creates a bomb's explosion on impact with a wall or enemy.

I'd like to shoot a flame that moves forward more than one tile. Rather, I'd like to apply that principle to a sprite of my own design!

I'd like a projectile that moves quickly to the point of colliding with whatever link is facing instantly.

From what I've seen of the menu options in ZQuest, things like items, projectiles, wand beams exploding into fire, etc. are all hard-coded.

I'd like to change that.

Excessive use of 'I'd like' intentional. ;D!

bigjoe
06-16-2008, 08:23 AM
Scripting eliminates any limitations related to those things.

shaZAM
06-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Good news. Does 2.10 allow scripts? I read on the Wiki that 2.5 does it, so that's all I know for sure -- I just can't seem to find 2.5 anywhere. I've seen a few code samples of Zscript, I shouldn't have much trouble picking it up. It's almost exactly like LSL (used in SecondLife) which, in turn, is pretty much straight-up C.

So yeah. Good news, that's the response I was hoping for. How can I get started? I'd like to dive right in.

EDIT:: Nevermind, I see it.

_L_
06-16-2008, 01:14 PM
2.5 is better thought of as 2.50 (i.e two point fifty) when expressed in comparison to 2.10.