PDA

View Full Version : [Summer 08] Tale of Hyrule

CoryH
06-14-2008, 11:47 PM
Tale of the past or simply Tale of Hyrule.

Intro:
Ok my favorite part of zelda was the story line, not just save the princess kill the evil king but the small stuff like how after the first 3 dungeons theirs a change in the story, something happens. I love the sidequest to it, the temples that make you revist a room to get a certian iteam you want for a sidequest. like a heart piece or a trading iteam. I liked the dungeon in Phantom hourglass, were you had to enter again and again! I love lots of dungeons, lots of iteams. but i want the iteams like swords hard to get i mean hard like the sidequest you did in oracle of ages and seasons to get the level 2 sword or the mirror shield in minish cap.

I don't want to scare people away, i want my game to be enjoyable even if it takes forever but it needs to be moderite difficult, easy at the begining and well kill yourself hard with the final boss.

so anyway to the game. The Tale of Hyrule is sopost to be a story told about the first hero of hyrule the first year hyrule became the country, well before that. the hero. Link (surprise) is a solider of The General *Future king of hyrule* and is sent to collect a sacred power to defeat the wizerd / beast ganon (surprise) and win the civil war between the guredo *sp* and rebal hylians. So without further a do. the descripition.

Description:
Overworld: Basic hyrule map, the forests, the fields, the lake, river, mountain and desert. but with more *i wanted a game with hyrule and termina combined* a swamp, snowpeak a canyon, and ocean and a couple of islands.
Dungeons: 10 dungeons and a final boss dungeon. And a few hidden dungeons.

MAP:
improved map coming soon

Screenshots
http://i37.tinypic.com/2ihy1wm.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/okddac.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/2dtzjsy.jpg

Dungeons:
their will be a total of 13 dungeons. 8 hold the triforce, 1 has ganon, 1 has his aprentice and the last 3 are hidden in hyrule and termina they contanine iteams needed to defeat ganon.

OVERWORLD 1 Hyrule 40%complete
OVERWORLD 2 Termina 0%complete
OVERWORLD 3 Ganon's desert 0%complete
UNDERGROUND TUNNEL 100% complete

Forest Temple: lv1
Goron Shrine: lv2
Lakebed Temple: lv3
~change in story~
Woodfall Shrine: lv4
Pirate's Cove: lv5
Theives Hideout: lv6
~change in story~
Temple of the Dead: Midboss
Snowpeak Ruins: lv7
~change in story~
Desert Colossis: lv8
~change in story~
Ganon's Tower: boss

HIDDEN DUNGEON 1 0%complete
HIDDEN DUNGEON 2 0%complete
HIDDEN DUNGEON 3 0%complete

So what else, umm it's my first quest i'll update often should be good, hopefully i'll finish by november lol.
enjoy.
expect demos soon possibly end of augest for short overworld exploration and level 1 lol

UPDATES
quest will be made in orignal zelda tileset, with original music. possibly thinking on after release to enhance the quest. screenshots coming soon. Overworld is started. Dungeon's are created in original zelda style with no freeform dungeons.
With more understanding about layers and possibly tryingout a new tileset. game will be better. original overworld design upgraded usind at least 3 overworld maps.
my labtop with the zquest on it, it's battery ran out right as i was saving . now the whole quest is lost. and i need to start over again. minor pushback but still p.o's me so i'll keep the screenshots till i redo the who quest.Download it on my computer. overworld-1 Hyrule 40%complete. built an underground pathwath linking hyrule, Ganon's Desert, and Termina together for easy travels once you gain access to them.

Legend789
06-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Sounds like it will be great! Keep up the good work.

Pineconn
06-18-2008, 01:28 PM
The Expo is closed until July. I will unlock this thread as soon as it opens.

I guess this is our first submission. ;)

Tatl Tael Link
07-01-2008, 10:42 PM
YES! Hyrule and Termina combined! I SOOOOO can't wait for this game!

SpykStorm
07-02-2008, 12:20 AM
Looks like it will become a great quest. Do you have any screenshots? (I am a crazy screenshot person :D)

I don't want to scare people away, i want my game to be enjoyable even if it takes forever but it needs to be moderite difficult, easy at the begining and well kill yourself hard with the final boss.

Well, don't make too easy, but don't make it insanely hard either (although I know some people who would enjoy an insanely hard quest).

My 200th post!:D

Tatl Tael Link
07-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Noooo! I hate hard games!!! xP Oh, well. Idc.

bigjoe
07-08-2008, 01:06 PM
YES! Hyrule and Termina combined! I SOOOOO can't wait for this game!

Now just add Koridai! .... Just Kidding...

Looks like it would be fun. Are there pics yet?

bobrocks95
07-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Yes, we demand pictures!

CoryH
07-23-2008, 06:49 PM
updated first post

pictures are coming i don't know how much you'd like them as there the original zelda tileset. i'll make a new map for you guys too to drool over. :cool:

Tatl Tael Link
07-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Noooo! The original Zelda tileset! T_T Oh, well, I don't care! The game sounds awesome, so I don't care what tileset you use.

bobrocks95
07-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Are you using 2.5 so that you get the updated LOZ tileset? Otherwise there are some custom tiles you'll want to make so that things match up, like those trees with no grass around them.

CoryH
07-30-2008, 10:16 AM
no i'm using 2.10
i'm just making a general look of the overworld now and once i have it layed out i'm going back through to fix some odd tiles. and stuff.