PDA

View Full Version : OMG gameboy micro!

Sonic Classic
06-11-2008, 10:46 PM
I want one so bad! They're so tiny and awesome, and I guess really cheap now. I'm considering buying one tommorow!

Russ
06-11-2008, 10:50 PM
I wouldn't if I were you. They have a lot of criticism, and don't seem to work very well. If I were you, I'd buy a DS instead, or at least a gameboy advance.

Sonic Classic
06-11-2008, 10:51 PM
No, I want a GBM.

Look at this love thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138520&page=2

Russ
06-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Well, if it's that cheap, I guess it's worth it.

Sonic Classic
06-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Yep they truly are amazing.

Shazza Dani
06-11-2008, 11:29 PM
I used to have a Gameboy Micro. I liked it. The screen is really nice, and it's very compact. You can't play GBC games on it though, iirc.

Russ
06-11-2008, 11:35 PM
I used to have a Gameboy Micro. I liked it. The screen is really nice, and it's very compact. You can't play GBC games on it though, iirc.
What? That's a dumb feature to put in.

Sonic Classic
06-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Or lack of a feature, you mean :P

Russ
06-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Ya, I guess so. Alternativly, if you hate GBC games, you could call it a feature. :D

Sonic Classic
06-11-2008, 11:43 PM
True, true :P

Shazza Dani
06-12-2008, 01:57 AM

DS can't play GBC games either. Wutwut? O:>

Cloral
06-12-2008, 12:47 PM

It was done to save space. You're expecting them to fit the GBA and the GBC processors in such a small package?

Russ
06-12-2008, 02:01 PM
DS can't play GBC games either. Wutwut? O:>
It can't? I never knew that. The again, I haven't tried it yet. :)

Aegix Drakan
06-12-2008, 02:52 PM
It can't? I never knew that. The again, I haven't tried it yet. :)

:( I did. I have a TON of old games. But hey, I have an SP, so I'm good. :P

MottZilla
06-12-2008, 04:29 PM
It was done to save space. You're expecting them to fit the GBA and the GBC processors in such a small package?

Correction, it was done to save money. There was no reason the GBC compatibility had to be left out. They just chose to cut it probably to save money, as well as figuring they could get away with it since the GBA had been out for quite some time. However alot of people like myself despise the GBA Micro for this breaking of Backwards Compatibility. I feel the same about the Nintendo DS. It's no GameBoy until it supports all the GameBoy platforms, not just GBA. Afterall the DS is just an extension for the GBA. Makes it awfully easy/cheap to have compatibility with it.

AtmaWeapon
06-12-2008, 08:17 PM
If you get one, get the sexy Famicom edition. You lose the ability to change plates (whoop-de-doo they made what, four?) but you get a very sexy piece of equipment. I played with mine for a while then quit because I was getting fingerprints on it :)

Beta Link
06-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Who needs a GB Micro when you could get a GBA SP? SPs have the flip-open cover, plus they're compatible with GBC games, which is a good thing when you're on a total nostalgia-based Pokemon frenzy. :tongue: Besides, the compact design of the Micro isn't that big of a deal to me; the SP fits in my pants pockets quite nicely. Plus, ever since I started seeing those tiny phones with the tiny full-alphabet keypads, in which each key is like, a millimeter wide, I've been staying away from all small gadgets... Oh, and they get lost easily; one of the reasons I hate DS carts.

Aegix Drakan
06-12-2008, 10:01 PM
I've been staying away from all small gadgets... Oh, and they get lost easily; one of the reasons I hate DS carts.

:P and that is the main reason I LOOOVE my R4. Only one game card, and since it's in my DS all the time, I can't lose it!

MottZilla
06-13-2008, 01:37 PM
I totally agree with you Beta Link, the GBA SP is much better. It is my favorite portable system. It's pretty sturdy, small, folds to protect the screen, etc. The GB Micro lacks that nice Clam shell design that protects your LCDs. The problem with the DS is it's much bigger, and lacks GBC compatibility. It's also annoying that in GBA mode you can't use Y and B rather than B and A.

Aegix, I think you're a part of a very large group of people that use the 3rd or 4th generation Nntendo DS pirate devices. It's shocking to me as I have one of the 1st or 2nd generation products which weren't anywhere near as cheap as the current generation with things like the R4.

I mean I thought that GBA piracy was bad, but the DS has blown that away as it's far cheaper than the GBA ever was.