PDA

View Full Version : McCain threatens to veto BEER!

The Desperado
06-10-2008, 05:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xob2HyCbj50

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! !

mrz84
06-11-2008, 03:02 PM
I don't drink beer, but I know many people who do. I highly doubt this would pull through for him though in the event that he wins the election. If this were true, there are a now a number of people who are going to tar and feather him on sight. Me amoung them just for the hell of it. :kitty:

AlphaDawg
06-11-2008, 03:09 PM
I don't think his wife would EVER allow him to veto any beer whatsoever...

bigjoe
06-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Starting to see a bit of redundancy with Republican presidents/presidential candidates' character traits. Oh well. At least we'll be winning the war on tourism.

Russ
06-11-2008, 04:13 PM
I don't care if he does. I personally am againt beer anyways. :)

biggiy05
06-11-2008, 04:40 PM
The chances of him vetoing beer are as slim as Belderan turning into a devout Christian.

There's nothing wrong with alcohol if you take it in moderation. I'm curious how you can be against something you aren't even allowed to legally drink?

Russ
06-11-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm curious how you can be against something you aren't even allowed to legally drink?
A. I hate the smell of it, so I can only guess what it can taste like :uhoh:
B. I have seen what it can do when abused.

Sonic Classic
06-11-2008, 05:06 PM

erm....right....

Cloral
06-11-2008, 05:38 PM

And we all remember just how swimmingly prohibition went...

Sonic Classic
06-11-2008, 08:49 PM

exactly.

Russ
06-11-2008, 09:51 PM
But that was all alcohal. This is just beer. There is a difference.

Sonic Classic
06-11-2008, 09:57 PM
So you're against beer, but not alcohol at large?

biggiy05
06-11-2008, 09:59 PM
But that was all alcohal. This is just beer. There is a difference.

Not really. Beer is sold at nearly every major sporting event. Nascar and football are the first two that come to mind. The nascar community would have a fit if you took their beer away.

Like I said in my other post. Alcohol is not bad when you take it in moderation. Just because you've seen a few people or maybe just one person abuse some type of alcohol doesn't mean the whole country should ban it. We aren't going to take something away because a handful of people are alcoholics.

I'll post on Friday and let you know how my Jack and Coke tastes.

Edit: I've seen what alcohol can do to a person and what a person abusing alcohol can do. I see it on the squad all the time. I've also watched people die from alcohol withdrawals. Beer is just one beverage compared to everything else there. I see it and treat people all the time but I still drink after duty or after my shift at the hospital with friends.

Russ
06-11-2008, 10:02 PM
So you're against beer, but not alcohol at large?
Well, really, I'd like to have laws limiting the amount of alcohol, and making drunkeness illegal, but really, I'm more prejudiced againt beer and scotch, while I generaly am more OK with wine, champane, etc.

biggiy05
06-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Well, really, I'd like to have laws limiting the amount of alcohol, and making drunkeness illegal, but really, I'm more prejudiced againt beer and scotch, while I generaly am more OK with wine, champane, etc.

You want laws limiting how much a person can drink? It's called a DUI. Like I said above, just because you've seen the effects of beer and now scotch or maybe you've been a part of it doesn't mean the world needs to change.

You are against some alcohol but you're alright with people drinking other kinds. People can develop problems and abuse wine and champagne just like any other type of alcohol. Read my post above and the edit.

No offense and I don't mean to sound overly harsh but I honestly think you're too young to truly understand this.

catfriedrice
06-11-2008, 10:08 PM
eh, he can veto beer. it's (american beer anyway) something I never understood how people could enjoy.

but, do away with it, and there goes hundreds of thousands of jobs. not a good idea there with the economy the way it is right now.

Oh... Now Vodka on the other hand...

Russ
06-11-2008, 10:17 PM
No offense and I don't mean to sound overly harsh but I honestly think you're too young to truly understand this.
Ya, you're probably right. It just seems to me like beer causes more problems than wine does. But that's just me.

biggiy05
06-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Ya, you're probably right. It just seems to me like beer causes more problems than wine does. But that's just me.

People drink beer than they do wine. You see commercials for beer more than wine if you see any at all. Beer is what's made out to be so bad.

Any alcoholic beverage can bring out the bad in someone and it can kill you. Either from drinking your liver to death or going through withdrawals.

rock_nog
06-11-2008, 10:30 PM
In related news, I am officially announcing my candidacy for representative for the state of Minnesota. I mean, if he's going to be vetoing all this beer, it goes right back to Congress, right? I need to get in on that.

The Desperado
06-11-2008, 10:52 PM
In related news, I am officially announcing my candidacy for representative for the state of Minnesota. I mean, if he's going to be vetoing all this beer, it goes right back to Congress, right? I need to get in on that.

OMG! You are the smartest man that has ever lived! That's genius! Party in Senate Conference Room 8!

ZTC
06-13-2008, 12:40 AM
lmao

How can one 'veto' beer anyways? :rolleyes:
There are a number of reasons I don't like it or encourage it's consumption, but I'll just go with one for now:
A friend was drinking in the middle of the night, decided to drive with one of his buddies and he got a really nasty car accident. Neither one survived. It's pretty sad that had to happen. Yeah... don't drink and drive or shit like that happens.

Feasul
06-17-2008, 12:39 AM
I just think it's hilarious how a joke about McCain misspeaking the phrase "bill with earmarks" can turn into a semi-serious conversation about the effects of alcohol. Only on the internet.