PDA

View Full Version : SotW 8: There is none

Pineconn
06-09-2008, 10:37 PM
We received only one entry for SotW 8...........so we'll push it back to next Monday. I guess we could focus on SotM 1 this way...

Revfan9
06-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Come on, I'm the only one who entered? What's wrong with you people...

Shazza Dani
06-10-2008, 12:41 AM
I haven't been using ZQuest because I had reformatted my computer, then I ran into a problem with my midi driver... But everything is up and running now, so maybe I'll find time to get a shot for next week. Maybe... maybe.

Russ
06-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Revfan is the only entrant? What's wrong with us? Oh well, that means one more screen for next week.

Linkus
06-10-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm too busy with other matters... That don't apply to ZC.

Maybe next week, but don't count on it.

bigjoe
06-10-2008, 11:22 AM
I hope I'm not correct in assuming that Revfan has scared everyone off. :rolleyes:

I guess I'll enter the next one. :darkmage:

Freedom
06-10-2008, 01:32 PM
I hope I'm not correct in assuming that Revfan has scared everyone off. :rolleyes:

I guess I'll enter the next one. :darkmage:

That's the first thing that came to mind with me too, is that people got tired of hearing him run his mouth.
People get tired of hearing a rash of shit just because they posted a pic for other peoples enjoyment.
It only takes one person like him to ruin the fun for everyone else.

jman2050
06-10-2008, 01:58 PM
I suggest we drop this line of conversation now.

Joe123
06-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Revfan's good, helps me know what need improving.

It's crap and I hate it...

...do this to make it better

is much better than

oh my god that's the best screen I've ever seen I love it so much

in my opinion.

Whereas the second might boost my confidence more, I never think my screens are perfect, so hearing what could improve them is good.

Also damn, I'dve entered an old screen to fill in if I'd thought about it.
I should check the account the day before, even if it's not my week.

EDIT:
Also, 'there is none' is really bad grammar =P
Not that it matters, but 'there isn't one' or 'we don't have one' would've been better =P

Just pointing it out =P

Russ
06-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Ya, I actually like Revfan. Sure, he'll probably compare you pictures with a donkey's rear, but his rants are funny, and he offers suggestions on how to make them look better.

LostInHyru1e
06-10-2008, 06:34 PM
God mang, don't just skip the week! I'll send mine in right now if it means starting, even if it's late. Missing a week is no fun, just send stuff in, guys!

Pineconn
06-10-2008, 06:58 PM
EDIT:
Also, 'there is none' is really bad grammar =P
Not that it matters, but 'there isn't one' or 'we don't have one' would've been better =P

Just pointing it out =P

Infraction received.

DON'T criticize my grammar. Ever.

I'm kidding. Hopefully very clearly. :)

Anyway, we still have only 2 submissions... let's just wait until next Monday for SotW 8.

I suggest we drop this line of conversation now.

Agreed.

LostInHyru1e
06-10-2008, 07:36 PM
That's annoying. Let's just get one more submission and do it!

Russ
06-10-2008, 07:47 PM
I agree with LostInHyru1e. We have two submissions, just start this contest. Please don't make me enter another horrible screenshot to start this like I did with the LttP one.

Revfan9
06-10-2008, 07:48 PM
I'd send in another shot just for shits and giggles, but that wouldn't be fair to the other guy who entered, nor would it be a very interesting SotW...

That said, I'm not even sure if you're actually allowed to send in more than one entry for a single competition...

Even though I don't see any problem with just starting it late if they get a third shot sometime today, or even tomorrow. Seriously, it never actually takes a week to decide the winner anyway. Usually you can see who the winner is going to be within a few hours.

Russ
06-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Okay, I just made and submitted a screen. Now for the love of goodness, start this contest!

bigjoe
06-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Ya, I actually like Revfan. Sure, he'll probably compare you pictures with a donkey's rear, but his rants are funny, and he offers suggestions on how to make them look better.

I never said I didn't like him. :D It's just that a lot of people are afraid of criticism.

I'll get off it though. Now to uh, study for the tournament, I mean, SOTW. XD

Sam Atoms
06-10-2008, 10:07 PM
I have a concept that I've been planning to send in for a while. It won't be ready until about SOTW 10 though. The tileset is custom and at the moment only half done.

Revfan9
06-10-2008, 11:11 PM
You can always work on the parts that the shot itself is going to use to speed up the process if you want to get it in (that's what I'll do), unless that's what you're doing of course <.<