PDA

View Full Version : The original Fallout 3:

ShadowTiger
06-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Before it went FPS RPG (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6epLShK3N0o).

Yep. It's real. I played it, too. Was pretty badass.

... or at least what there was of it. Somewhere out there on this great big internet, lies a build engine of the first Fallout 3. That video is what it looks like, (Though it doesn't feel like it, unfortunately.) and of what actually works.

The build only had a small snippet of a town, no real quests, some minor (And quite difficult.) combat, a relatively broken and just-for-show character creation screen, a very crash-prone main menu, and the ability to enter the vault. Looked closely enough like Vault 13 from either previous game, I suppose, though there wasn't much to do inside either. Even conversations were quite broken.

I might still have it somewhere on a disc. I'll see if I can upload something if someone asks me. I know it's out there on the internet there somewhere though. Maybe FilePlanet has it? BitTorrent, certainly.

ShadowTiger
06-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Nobody? Aww.

I still think Fallout 3 isn't going to be nearly as good as its predecessors, (Barring the horrid XBox game.) relatively judging.

I just do sincerely hope that they'll make a program for it similar to Oldblivion that will help run it on older video cards.

DarkDragoonX
06-13-2008, 06:03 PM
There's no way in hell a Bethesda-made fallout 3 can ever in a million years hope to be as good as the originals, especially in the modern environment of dumbing everything down to please the masses instead of the original fanbase (e.g. Oblivion, Bioshock, Deus Ex 2). Personally, at this point I'm just hoping that the game end up being decent. I could live with a "decent" Fallout 3. Unfortunately, my fear is that Bethesda is going to take one of my favorite RPGs ever and mutilate it beyond recognition. They've already managed to kick the turn-based isometric perspective and replace it with first-person real-time bullshit.

Grr.

Daarkseid
06-14-2008, 04:36 AM
No Mutants Allowed is a shitty fan community whose example immediately makes me want to give Bethesda a chance on Fallout3 before dismissing it. Even though I'm a bit nervous about 3D environments because frankly I never made the jump from 2D to 3D when it comes to having control of the camera view.

So I say I don't care about what would've been, and instead wish I had the money to buy the Survival Edition of Fallout3 because NMA is so full of pathetic nerd rage that I want to give Bethesda as much money as possible for its Fallout sequel.