PDA

View Full Version : Question about Animation

Elmensajero
06-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Okay, first of all, I am using ZC 2.10. Is it possible to have the animations in a room start over when Link enters it? For example, I have Link I-warping into a room with combos animating on another layer (so combo cycling does not work). I want the animation to start when Link enters the room, and I want a screen warp to warp him out of the room when the animation finishes. I could use temporary triggers to start the animation, but then I wouldn't have an exact time to get the screen warp to work. If I have floor combos on layer 0 cycle to a direct warp when the animation finishes, that would work as well, but the direct warp combos (in my past experience with them) don't warp Link if he stops moving before they are activated, and the animation on layer 5 will keep on restarting until he starts moving again (which looks really dumb). So, does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? The animation has to stay on another layer because it is using a completely different cset than the floor tiles are using, and I want the floor tiles to appear under the animation.

Joe123
06-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Animation starts when you enter the room.
That's how it works.

Just have the animations set up to go as soon as you enter, and have the timed warp take you away when they should end.

Using 2.5 would solve a lot of your problems however ;-)

Oooh, 1800 posts

Elmensajero
06-06-2008, 12:42 AM
Animation starts when you enter the room.
That's how it works.

Just have the animations set up to go as soon as you enter, and have the timed warp take you away when they should end.

I just tested it to make sure, but I think that animations are continuously animating even when you are not in the room. I can go back and forth between the room with the animation and another room, and I can enter when it is in the middle of the animation. I want it to always restart it when you enter that specific room, so that the player can't enter in the middle of it and get warped at the end, without ever seeing the beginning, or with the timed screen warp case, have the animation wrap around and show the beginning of the animation after seeing the ending of it already and then warping.

Using 2.5 would solve a lot of your problems however ;-)

Oooh, 1800 posts

LOL, it probably would! :D I was just trying to learn the basics before moving on to FFC's, scripting, and everything else new in 2.5. Oh, and congrats on the posting, I think it might be a while til I reach that point. ;)