PDA

View Full Version : Quest Project Forums

Russ
06-03-2008, 09:22 PM
For anybody here who goes to Pure ZC, you know about QPFs. They are basically forums where privileged member get their own forum to post info about their developing quest. I have set one up. If you want a QPF, post a request here. I have already set some up for Pineconn and Amaster, as well as three people from Pure ZC. Anybody else want one? Here is the link: http://s11.invisionfree.com/ZC_QPFs

The_Amaster
06-03-2008, 09:44 PM
...wow, thanks!
This is pretty sweet.

How do these even work? I'm not really sure. So far I figure I'll have a progress tracker thread, and several threads of "Selected screens from..." (Selected screens from the woods, selected screens from the forest temple, etc.)

bobrocks95
06-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Can I get a sub-forum there?(also posted this there, let's see which reply you see first ;) )
Do I need to tell you what it should be called, like what quest and what it should say, or do I do that myself?

Russ
06-03-2008, 11:02 PM
...wow, thanks!
This is pretty sweet.

How do these even work? I'm not really sure. So far I figure I'll have a progress tracker thread, and several threads of "Selected screens from..." (Selected screens from the woods, selected screens from the forest temple, etc.)
Ya, basically. Go to Pure ZC, and look at some of the QPFs there. Basically, have an official thread, a screenshot thread, a new thread for each level, etc.

Can I get a sub-forum there?(also posted this there, let's see which reply you see first ;) )
Do I need to tell you what it should be called, like what quest and what it should say, or do I do that myself?
Sure you can. Tell me all of your projects and I'll make subforums for them.

bobrocks95
06-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Would you mind changing it to "...bobrocks95's joint quest...", I can't figure out how to.

Russ
06-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Oh, sure. Actually, only forum administrators (AKA me) can change forums. If you ever need a forum changed, just let me know.

SpykStorm
06-04-2008, 12:32 AM
I registered already. Nice idea! :)

Russ
06-04-2008, 12:55 AM
Well, I can't claim complete credit for the idea. They have QPFs at Pure ZC, but now, due to a policy change, they are impossible to get into. So I set this up for thos who aren't fortunate enough the get into the QPFs there.

Matthew Bluefox
06-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Invisionfree is exactly the best forum software for this kind of forum. Good idea.

Gleeok
06-04-2008, 10:47 AM
When I saw this I thought it was some sort of proposal to start these at AGN. And how's it impossible to get into the ones at pure? Last time I looked everybody had them.

Also the forums are pretty relaxed but it could easily be interpreted as advertising. Maybe stick the link in your sig? ..edit: Oh, It is in your sig. heh, how did I miss that.

Russ
06-04-2008, 12:37 PM
First, they are hard to get into at Pure. Recently, they decided some empty spots would not be filled, and only the forum administators could decide who gets in.

About it being advertizing, the thread I made at Pure actually was closed due to their considering it advertizing. But, I don't consider it to be, as it's more of an expansion of these forums.

As for your thinking it was a request to have them here, I'd actually like to see some here. But then again, we'd probably only need two of them, given how few people have big, serious quest being developed.

bobrocks95
06-05-2008, 12:39 PM
I gots moved. I'm sad :(

elise
06-05-2008, 06:23 PM
As for your thinking it was a request to have them here, I'd actually like to see some here. But then again, we'd probably only need two of them, given how few people have big, serious quest being developed.Then you better close your board cause there are already more boards with it hahahahahaha
No just joking don't close it , but there are more boards around with hosted forums thats not a joke ;)
On this moment there are two big quests tested at my forum in the hosted part

Pineconn
06-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Well... this is sort of the reason for the AGN Expo, but I signed up anyway. Hopefully people don't get the idea, "Hey, we have the QPF forum, I don't need to make a thread in the AGN Expo when it opens in July."

bobrocks95
06-05-2008, 07:07 PM
That's a very good point. I think that you should post something regarding that there Russ. And move me back with Pineconn and Amaster, I'm sad and lonely in my spot, Gray0x wants to be removed himself anyway, and I'm working on a joint quest with Amaster.

Joe123
06-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Oi Russ!
Who says you get to have it in your QPF? =P

I vote joint QPF!

C-Dawg
06-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Anything a QPF can do, a thread can do better.

Damn inefficent PureZC users.

Russ
06-06-2008, 01:29 AM
Well... this is sort of the reason for the AGN Expo, but I signed up anyway. Hopefully people don't get the idea, "Hey, we have the QPF forum, I don't need to make a thread in the AGN Expo when it opens in July."
Hey, just because people have QPFs, doesn't mean they won't post in the expo. If you look at Pure ZC, you'll seit's quite the contrary.

Oi Russ!
Who says you get to have it in your QPF? =P

I vote joint QPF!
Fine, I'll make KttH a jointly moderated forum.

And move me back with Pineconn and Amaster, I'm sad and lonely in my spot, Gray0x wants to be removed himself anyway, and I'm working on a joint quest with Amaster.
But if I put gray0x back with Billy, he'll get mad and leave. Fine, I'll put you back. But don't blame me if gray0x leaves.

Revfan9
06-06-2008, 01:58 AM
And let them become like the QPFs on PZC? No thanks.

bobrocks95
06-06-2008, 12:09 PM
But if I put gray0x back with Billy, he'll get mad and leave. Fine, I'll put you back. But don't blame me if gray0x leaves.

Umm.... You obviously haven't checked the forum in a while. He's been making random useless posts asking you to purposely ban him. Just go look.

Russ
06-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Okay, he's out, you're back with Pineconn and Amaster.

And let them become like the QPFs on PZC? No thanks.

Hey, two Pure ZC QPF owners have already asked for spots to have some change from Pure ZC's QPFs. That should tell you something.

bobrocks95
06-06-2008, 04:04 PM
I can confirm that statement.

Revfan9
06-06-2008, 05:47 PM
The QPFs here are going to be exactly like the ones on PZC (Never updated, never read) except even worse. How many ZC users are active on this forums? 7? Maybe less?

Russ
06-06-2008, 06:02 PM
How many ZC users are active on this forums? 7? Maybe less?
Which one? Mine, or Pure ZC?

The_Amaster
06-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Okay, IFY is now Pineconn, Bobrocks, and myself. Perfect! Now...just leave that one.

Russ
06-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Ya, I put it that way to have the three major AGN members together.

SpykStorm
06-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Revfan, the QPFs are an entirely different board, they are not here, if thats what your thinking. ;)