PDA

View Full Version : Paul and I bought a new vehicle on Saturday...

Prrkitty
06-02-2008, 07:00 PM
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited - AWD (all wheel drive)

Color exterior: Red Salsa Pearl
Color interior: Stone (gray) Leather (with heating built into the seats for both driver and front passenger)

Captains chairs for driver, front passenger & both back seats behind driver/front passenger

Navigation system that includes a camera in the back window so that when you back up you can see directly behind the vehicle

Running boards <- I wanted this on the new vehicle

Moon roof/sun roof <- I'd really really missed this option in the vehicle we had before this new one...

Power sliding doors for middle seat passengers - both sides <- we required this of our new vehicle
Power back hatch <- we required this of our new vehicle

DVD system for back passengers with wireless headsets

Mirrors on the driver & front passenger doors will electronically fold inward towards the door... for protection of the mirror when the vehicle is in park

If I think of anything I forgot... I'll add it

elise
06-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Congrats with the new palace on wheels :)

erm2003
06-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Congrats on the new vehicle Prr! It sounds great!

Russ
06-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Wow, that sounds like a neat car. Congrats on the nice buy!

Prrkitty
06-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Heck ... we could almost just live in the vehicle... if it had bathrooms <lol>. :)

Breaker
06-03-2008, 02:24 PM
that sounds very nice.. when do we get pics?

Brasel
06-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Good deal. I'm glad you guys went with something reliable like a Toyota instead of like...a Kia or something. I hate it when people get all excited about getting a new car and it turns out to be a piece of shit. Good for you on your purchase Prr. Come pick me up sometime and we'll cruise.

Beldaran
06-03-2008, 03:08 PM
I hope you can afford it. (http://www.fueleconomy.gov/FEG/noframes/24972.shtml)

Prrkitty
06-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Bel... we spent months (since Feb) talking about what we wanted, gas mileage per vehicle and what we *needed* in said new vehicle. We thought of getting a car instead of minivan... but it would have been too low to the ground for me to be able to get in and out of easily. With my back issues getting worse as each day (or so it seems to us)... we needed one that I could get in and out of with ease. We didn't want an SUV and much as we looked at the Prius... wasn't any way that one was gonna work out.

And with us traveling thru The Gorge over the holidays I'm really glad the vehicle we got has AWD... which only lowered the city/highway MPG by 1 gallon per mile. There's been holidays we've traveled thru The Dalles area that the roads were totally snowed over and so rutted from the chains on the semi's that it about shook the vehicle apart before we got thru it.

Tony... I'll be there shortly ;)

Breaker... as soon as we get pictures I'll see what I can do.