PDA

View Full Version : Yet another reason I love these boards...

Zaphod Q. IX
06-02-2008, 01:27 AM
After getting my new Vista computer up and running, I realized that I had almost 400 songs on my ipod that were not on my new computer. It also turned out that the computer where I had them stored was having problems accessing my network. So, in order to sync my ipod on my shiny new computer, itunes wanted to delete everything on my my ipod and sync with my new, empty library.

I was preparing to endure a lengthy search involving google and eventually download.com. Then I remembered this thread. (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100866&highlight=ipod) Bang, zoom! Ten minutes later, all of my music resides on my new computer. Thank you AGN, thank you vegeta1215, thank you Yamipod.

And I couldn't be happier with Windows Vista and Dell. This is the coolest computer I've ever touched. :D

me2
06-02-2008, 04:12 AM
So, in order to sync my ipod on my shiny new computer, itunes wanted to delete everything on my my ipod and sync with my new, empty library.

Yet another reason to hate iTunes...

I have no respect for a company that locks me into shitty products on me OR ELSE. Of course I do own a Zune, but who said I respected Microsoft either?

Zaphod Q. IX
06-02-2008, 04:18 AM
...a company that locks me into shitty products...
I purchased a shitty product? When did I do that?

Of course I do own a Zune, ...
What's a Zune?
;)

The_Amaster
06-02-2008, 04:37 PM
...that thread is what I've needed for several months now...

Sweet!

me2
06-02-2008, 05:25 PM
I purchased a shitty product? When did I do that?

iTunes, which you have to (or had to) install with QuickTime and Safari. Apple products for the PC are slow and bloated. Not to mention once you buy anything from iTunes, you can't use it on any other company's MP3 player should you decide that iPods aren't for you.

While licenses to the AAC compression and the mp4 file format are readily available, Apple generally has not agreed to license its proprietary FairPlay encryption scheme to other mobile device manufacturers, so only devices from Apple are able to play the Fairplay-encrypted songs sold at the iTunes Store.

And yeah, I have a Zune. It's badass, and the only thing that could make it better would be DivX support and no proprietary software. But I won't try to convince you. ;)

Pineconn
06-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Thank you AGN

You're welcome. :)

(Though I very clearly did absolutely nothing.)