PDA

View Full Version : Grab in 8-bit... possible? [Build 798]

CJC
05-30-2008, 05:58 PM
I was trying to grab some tiles from a gif file that consisted of 32 colors, and I had intended for them to maintain those colors. First I attempted to convert the target tiles to 8-bit before ripping to prep for it, but when I performed the grab the tiles lost their color and reverted to standard 4-bit cset style (1 row instead of all 256 colors).

When I tried converting them to 8-bit after ripping, the colors were already lost (Obviously).

Is there an operation or button I am missing? I wanted to ask for help first before reporting it as a bug (I didn't see it in any of the bug forums, so...). Also, the Wiki has no information on the subject.

_L_
05-31-2008, 12:00 AM
You mean pressing the 'R' button? ..Or do you mean ripping a 256-colour tile off the bat?

Russ
05-31-2008, 12:33 AM
I think he means ripping a tile using "R" while having access to all the colors in 8-bit mode. Is it possible _L_?

CJC
05-31-2008, 12:47 AM
I don't need ZQuest to rearrange or reduce my pallette for me. I can handle that. What I need ZQuest to do is let me rip a 256 color tile off the bat, which doesn't seem to be possible.

I can arrange pallettes to allow for the ripping of multiple 8-bit tiles that use between 17 and 240 colors. I do this by creating a 256 color pallette with a zone of "dead" colors the tile does not use. This should let me rip 8-bit tiles without recoloring, but I cannot rip 256 color tiles into ZQuest, which puts a damper on my endeavor.

Revfan9
06-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Currently, (as far as I know of, anyway), you can't grab tiles in 8-bit. You can however, leech them in (Just be sure to set the color depth to 8-bit!). It's a bit of an annoyance, but it's doable.