PDA

View Full Version : Which games to get?

Dogchew9
05-30-2008, 04:32 PM
So last night we were shopping because we were out of food. I go down to the electronics department and HOLYCRAPTHEYHAVEAWIIINSTOCK. So I'm extremely quick to call an employee and buy that thing. Unfortunately that's all I can afford right now so I'm going to need to do some work to get some money for games. I figure, while I'm doing that, why not ask you guys which games I SHOULD get?

tl;dr What are some good Wii games?

EDIT: Other than Brawl, that's just common sense.

Warlock
05-30-2008, 04:54 PM
-Brawl
-Super Mario Galaxy
-Metroid Prime 3
-Zelda: Twilight Princess
-Okami
-Zack & Wiki
-Mario Kart Wii
-Super Paper Mario

Those are my recommendations at least. There is also Guitar Hero III and upcoming Rock Band, if you don't own those for other systems already (personally I recommend Rock Band over GH3 if you are only getting one - I think it has better songs and it's a ton of fun to play with other people). People have also said good things about Resident Evil 4, if you haven't already played that on GC/PS2, though I haven't personally played it.

Cloral
05-30-2008, 05:10 PM
Not really much to add to that list. I would say that Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy should be at the top of your list. I don't know that I would entirely recommend Paper Mario. It was kinda fun, but overall a bit of a disappointment.

Russ
05-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Brawl
Mario Kart
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario

ShadowTiger
05-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Okami. That will keep you occupied for a good week of solid gaming.

That is, a week on Okami. I forgot how long I've been playing it, but I just got so absorbed into it! Plus, it really isn't that expensive. Huh. Should be, for what you get.

Okay, although I got postposted, I stand by Okami.

Warlock
05-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Not really much to add to that list. I would say that Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy should be at the top of your list. I don't know that I would entirely recommend Paper Mario. It was kinda fun, but overall a bit of a disappointment.

I recommend Super Paper Mario purely for Level 3 :D

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/04/TROLLIN.jpg

I do need to go back and beat that game sometime though.

Russ
05-30-2008, 05:48 PM
I recommend Super Paper Mario purely for Level 3 :D

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/04/TROLLIN.jpg

I do need to go back and beat that game sometime though.
That part's funny. I love when Francis asks Peach questions and stuff. I made her say that she though Francis was very sweat, his gifts made hew blush, and that she would date and eventually marry him. Then she turned to towards me and said, "Who's making me answer these questions anyways? No way am I marrying this geek!". Then she threw something a him, I think; it's been so long since I played it. But you definitely should by the game!

Cloral
05-30-2008, 07:04 PM
I think she used the bob-omb pixl against him.
Chapter 3 was certainly the high-point of the game. None of the levels beyond it did much for me.

vegeta1215
05-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Okami. That will keep you occupied for a good week of solid gaming.

A week? That's all? A week is simply not enough time to play through that game. I've spent a good month playing Okami (about 56 hours total), and I am just now completing it 100% (all stray beads, and journals/tomes filled, etc)

To add to the suggestions, I heartily recommend Tomb Raider: Anniversary. It is excellent.

ShadowTiger
05-30-2008, 09:15 PM
The week in question was composed of the total amount of hours I've spent on it so far. Not the total amount of time on and off. :p Heavens no. That's one hundred sixty eight hours. Actually, my best save file has fifty eight hours on it by now, (About to enter Ezofuji.) though I have others. eh.

Anyway. Yeah. As long as you're getting Brawl, you're good. Anything besides Okami just a pack o pimentos.

Aegix Drakan
05-30-2008, 10:27 PM
I too raise a paw in favor of Okami.

also, if you're one of those fast-reflexes, high-scrore kinda guys, the trauma center games are a good bet as well (the latest one, New Blood, allows you to do co-op, and upload your scores online.)

Russ
05-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Oh ya, how could I forget Trauma Center. That one's awesome!

Pineconn
05-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Mario Kart is a great game to play with friends, solo, or random people over the Internet. The Wi-Fi service is excellent for a Nintendo game. However, if you can't stand getting Blue Shelled at the last seconds of a race just to come in 7th place, you may want to reconsider. Then again, it's classic Mario Kart goodness.

Brawl... you know everything about it. The online service is a little iffy, however.

Twilight Princess is an excellent game, but Nintendo kind of took the "Zeldaness" out of it (automatic shielding, no magic meter, etc.) to make it appeal to a broader audience. However, it is a very solid (it gave me over 70 hours in the first playthrough) and fun game.

I played only the first half hour of Corruption, but it felt good so far. I never actually adjusted to the different control scheme (as I was used to the good ol' Gamecube Metroids). I don't own this game, though (I'll get it and Galaxy eventually).

That's about all I can say.

mrz84
05-31-2008, 08:38 AM
Lucky you. My town's been sold out of Wii's since the day before they were released. :sweat:

Russ
05-31-2008, 11:52 AM
Not mine. Now you can just walk into Gamestop and buy a Wii. :)

Aegix Drakan
05-31-2008, 12:11 PM
>_> And here, I had to get up at 5 am for my wii, and stand in a freezing cold blizzard, nearly getting frostbite on my toes.

some guys have it so lucky.