PDA

View Full Version : Physics question

EatinCake
05-29-2008, 11:37 PM
I figure there might be someone here who can help me with this. Long story short, I'm doing writing a physics paper on how far my physics teacher (about 215lb man) could kick a student (averaged 135lb). Right now I'm trying to find how fast an average human can accelerate, and/or the mechanics of a kick, but am not finding anything online, or at the library. I figure that after finding that I can find the force necessary to move him X distance and from there work out everything else.

So does anyone know of a site (or the numbers offhand)? If so, I'd be much obliged.

phattonez
05-29-2008, 11:53 PM
Why not use momentum? Take an object of known mass and see how far you can kick it. Estimate all of the forces applied on the object as it goes through parabolic motion and eventually you'll know the impulse that you applied to that mass.

Russ
05-30-2008, 01:24 AM
You know, I'm too tired to think right now, but I'll I have to say is this: Lemon, lol. You've really done an interesting paper this time. (For those of you who don't know, Lemon is his name at Pure ZC).