PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Zelda *working title*

Knuckles-san
05-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Iam starting work on my first quest.

The story involves Ganon escaping from a *final* battle against Link, and Link then has to go out to hunt him down.

The Quest will be slightly short compared to the big quests for ZC, and will have no main dungeons (since story-wise Link has cleared them all) and will feature a massive detailed overworld.

The quest is only in its starting stages so expect more info soon!

If you have any suggestions etc please tell :)

Russ
05-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Only massive overworlds? Where have I heard that before? :rolleyes:

Anyways, sounds good. Post some screenshots soon.

_L_
05-29-2008, 10:53 PM
The story involves Ganon escaping from a *final* battle against Link, and Link then has to go out to hunt him down.

Hold it! This sentence contradicts itself!

Elmensajero
05-29-2008, 11:36 PM
Hold it! This sentence contradicts itself!

I think he meant for the asterisks to be similar to quotes ("final"), meaning that Link thinks he is fighting the final battle, but since Ganon escapes, he is actually at the beginning of an entire new quest.

So Knuckles, are you planning on starting Link off with all the major items, since he would normally have everything he needs if he has already cleared all of the dungeons, or is he going to have to collect them all still? Also, which tileset are you planning on using?

Knuckles-san
05-30-2008, 04:30 AM
I think he meant for the asterisks to be similar to quotes ("final"), meaning that Link thinks he is fighting the final battle, but since Ganon escapes, he is actually at the beginning of an entire new quest.

So Knuckles, are you planning on starting Link off with all the major items, since he would normally have everything he needs if he has already cleared all of the dungeons, or is he going to have to collect them all still? Also, which tileset are you planning on using?

Well yes Iam planning on starting him off with all the major items like the master sword and mirror shield and the usual, but a few other weapons you will have to find in Hyrule.
And iam planning on using the BS tiles at the moment.

And expect a screenshot later or tommorow ;)

Russ
05-30-2008, 10:47 AM
You know, starting with the Master Sword and Mirror Shield's kind of cheap. How about this: Before Ganon escapes, he shatters Link's sword and shield, forcing Link to find new ones.

Elmensajero
05-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Ya, I agree with Russ, you don't want to make Link way overpowered at the beginning of the game, or else any enemies he faces will be ridiculously easy to defeat. Things like the last two sword upgrades, last two armor upgrades, and the hammer shouldn't be given out too soon.