PDA

View Full Version : How Stuff Works: Gas Prices

Blisspath
05-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Good breakdown on where each dollar of gas goes..note that 12 cents of every dollar goes to taxes. That is more than the refining costs.
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/gas-price1.htm

Beldaran
05-29-2008, 01:26 PM
You must listen to Sean Hannity too. I hate him, but there's nothing else on the radio in Waco. I heard him talking about this on the radio today.

That is to say, I hate his social conservatism. I love him economically.

AlphaDawg
05-29-2008, 03:00 PM
What're ya'll doin' in Waco? Thought you was from Seattle?

Newt Gingrich came to power around the time I was in a government high school. As such, I was taught to hate him. Once I was freed of the government-school shackles and began to think on my own, I developed a healthy respect for Newt.

I really wish Newt would have run this year. Then we would really have had a choice, not an echo. John McCain is Obama-lite.

I don't listen to Hannity's radio show all that much these days now that I'm not working and driving around in my car all day. I still listen to Rush every day because I find his show to be extremely entertaining. Sean is good on TV but his radio show gets on my nerves sometimes.

Beldaran
05-29-2008, 06:16 PM
What're ya'll doin' in Waco? Thought you was from Seattle?

I go to college here.

phattonez
05-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Good breakdown on where each dollar of gas goes..note that 12 cents of every dollar goes to taxes. That is more than the refining costs.
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/gas-price1.htm

I really hope that you're not trying to argue that the gas tax is too low.

The Desperado
05-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Why does gasoline need marketing? Its kind of a "must-have" item isn't it? You don't see commericals for Milk.

DarkDragoonX
05-29-2008, 11:55 PM
You don't see commericals for Milk.

Actually, you do. Unless I was hallucinating all those "Got Milk" adverts.

The Desperado
05-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Actually, you do. Unless I was hallucinating all those "Got Milk" adverts.

I didn't even think of those.