PDA

View Full Version : Video of extra-terrestrial to be shown

Beldaran
05-28-2008, 10:28 PM
The truth is out there... (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/may/28/purported-ufo-video-be-shown-friday/)

An instructor at the Colorado Film School in Denver scrutinized the video "very carefully" and determined it was authentic

The film may be authentic, but who's to say the "alien" isn't just some midget in a costume.

Russ
05-28-2008, 10:49 PM
We'll just have to wait and see.

Starkist
05-28-2008, 11:04 PM
How does one go about verifying a video of an extra-terrestrial UFO as "authentic" ? Do you compare it to know real videos of the same?

Aegix Drakan
05-28-2008, 11:05 PM
oh damn...they got me on video!

... just joshing you all. XD

:P It's probably fake, like the rest, but... If it isn't...Man that alien is gonna get in massive trouble. They'd probably want to keep a low profile, seeing as how we humans can't even co-exist peascefully with people of our own race!

If this is real, how long do you think it will be before the government starts to arm itself agianst them? And if they don't do it, then the wild crazy red-necks of the south'll be the ones to start a war with these guys.

The Desperado
05-28-2008, 11:43 PM
Sounds like a publicity stunt to me. Which is apparently working.

Blisspath
05-28-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm sure alien dude is gonna pop up and tell us how all aliens love Taco Bell or some other fast food company..that said..I'm gonna watch it..cuz one day we will make contact..hopefully with some fun loving aliens and not ass kickers like the Borg.

Ich
05-28-2008, 11:50 PM
People who are very careful who sees their "proof" are not to be trusted.

Icey
05-29-2008, 02:02 AM
The truth is out there... (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/may/28/purported-ufo-video-be-shown-friday/)

The film may be authentic, but who's to say the "alien" isn't just some midget in a costume.

Yeah, long gone are the days where good quality film was considered infallible proof. There are just so many advances in film, beyond even those in editing, such as latex suits and advanced costumes that mean if we want proof of ET life, we're going to have to see it for ourselves.

Brasel
05-29-2008, 04:06 PM
The video was leaked. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU)

erm2003
05-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Ha ha. Well done. Well done.

Ich
05-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Heh, I was wondering why the link appeared as visited.

AtmaWeapon
05-29-2008, 10:04 PM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE *puff* *puff*

http://www.atmaweapon.org/images/duuude.jpg

I got this guy at a college to say it's real man, we've got to make this Denver Extraterrestrial Affairs Commission with me as the head so I can get tax dollars to buy these video cameras and a 52" plasma TV to look at the evidence up close man!

It's infrared imagery of something looking in his window then running away. Definitely aliens and not some kid who got dared to touch the creepy guy's house.

Starkist
05-29-2008, 10:16 PM
Have you noticed that people who claim to have seen or been visited/abducted by aliens never have just one encounter? They have multiple stories. The aliens just like them, I guess.

Aegix Drakan
05-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Well, duh! The aliens need to update the probes they installed in those people's brains! Multiple brain surgeries needed!

Gonna watch that video when I have the chance. I finally got my parents working on getting us faster internet

Beldaran
05-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Have you noticed that people who claim to have seen or been visited/abducted by aliens never have just one encounter? They have multiple stories. The aliens just like them, I guess.

Have you noticed that people who claim to talk to god never have just one conversation? They have multiple conversations. God just likes them, I guess.

Dechipher
05-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Have you noticed that people who claim to talk to god never have just one conversation? They have multiple conversations. God just likes them, I guess.

Hey. I think you're taking it a bit far.

Aegix Drakan
05-29-2008, 10:40 PM
aaaaand beldaran derails yet another topic!

...Seriously. Stop. It's getting annoying. You don't need to turn EVERY 3 topics into a religious debate.

...or maybe Bel's an alien, and this makes the whole thing on topic?

Starkist
05-29-2008, 10:46 PM
aaaaand beldaran derails yet another topic!

...Seriously. Stop. It's getting annoying. You don't need to turn EVERY 3 topics into a religious debate.

Actually, he does have to. Silly people believing in free will. :waggle:

Beldaran
05-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Yeah, plus it's my thread. If I want to put haz-mat stickers on all the logical inconsistencies I see, I will do so with impunity!

Dann Woolf
05-30-2008, 10:46 AM
I've always wondered, why do the powers that be try to keep aliens all hushed up?

biggiy05
05-30-2008, 07:07 PM

Actually, he does have to. Silly people believing in free will. :waggle:

Yeah, plus it's my thread. If I want to put haz-mat stickers on all the logical inconsistencies I see, I will do so with impunity!

I don't care if this is "your" thread or not. You started a topic about a video of an alien being shown not about religion. Stay on topic or the thread will be closed.

That goes for both of you and anyone else in this thread.

Beldaran
05-30-2008, 07:50 PM
I don't care if this is "your" thread or not. You started a topic about a video of an alien being shown not about religion. Stay on topic or the thread will be closed.

That goes for both of you and anyone else in this thread.

You already had one infraction against me removed because it was based on your unthinking emotions and desire to dictate what I talk about. Are you sure you want to make another example of yourself as a petty and dictatorial mod who doesn't know the rules?

What I said was absolutely in context with the conversation. In the future, if you are having trouble understanding a conversation, simply ask for clarification instead of letting your emotions get the better of you and telling people what to talk about.

biggiy05
05-30-2008, 08:09 PM
You already had one infraction against me removed because it was based on your unthinking emotions and desire to dictate what I talk about. Are you sure you want to make another example of yourself as a petty and dictatorial mod who doesn't know the rules?

What I said was absolutely in context with the conversation. In the future, if you are having trouble understanding a conversation, simply ask for clarification instead of letting your emotions get the better of you and telling people what to talk about.

Considering your history of derailing threads and turning them into religious debates the warning stays. There was no infraction given and I have no intention of giving one right now. Don't turn this thread into a debate about religion. I'm sure the world would hate to see you take a leave of absence and lurk the forums for a few months again.

Beldaran
05-30-2008, 11:53 PM
Don't turn this thread into a debate about religion.

Don't turn this into a debate about your imaginary powers to force people to talk about what you want.

You've derailed the thread worse than anyone.

I've given you a magical fairy infraction. It probably means as much to you as your infractions mean to me.

DarkDragon
05-31-2008, 12:12 AM
So where's the video?

Master Ghaleon
05-31-2008, 12:21 AM
http://www.atmaweapon.org/images/duuude.jpg

That guy right there looks like a clyde and would not trust anything coming out of his mouth, I mean just look at him lol

Beldaran
05-31-2008, 12:38 AM
So where's the video?

Now that biggy has stopped de-railing this thread, I can post this.

Video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN-SNd3OYfc)
EDIT: This is not the real video. The real video has not been leaked. I'm dumb.

Article about video. (http://www.denverpost.com/books/ci_9427587)

Fiyerstorm
05-31-2008, 04:26 PM
Here's an image from what the Denver news site is saying is from the REAL video:

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2008/0530/20080530_012652_Alien.jpg

Breaker
05-31-2008, 05:04 PM
the guy behind this conspiracy looks creepy enough to be an alien himself..

and the story behind the tape.. "Rojas said the video was taken on July 17, 2003, in Nebraska by Stan Tiger Romanek, who set up the camera because he thought peeping Toms had been looking into his house at his two teenage daughters."

peeping toms looking into his house? why were the video cameras IN the house then? im not a professional peeper or anything, but i imagine they don't necessarily crawl right up on the window to stalk people.

"Romanek, who moved to Colorado after the recording, claims to have had more than 100 encounters with aliens, Rojas said. "

this guy is seriously insane. he needs to be committed, not put in the news. the fact that he has already procreated saddens me.

Aegix Drakan
05-31-2008, 10:38 PM
*image of alien*

0_o Am I the only one who thinks that either looks like a Wooper, or one of those characters from Chamaleon Twist?

AtmaWeapon
05-31-2008, 10:54 PM
If I suspected a peeping tom was spying on my girls, I'm pretty sure my strategy for capture would involve something a lot more sinister than setting up an infrared camera. At the very least, I'd ask them why they have the blinds wide open while in an embarrasing state of dress.

I inherited my father's propensity for over-the-top reactions to simple problems, so I'm thinking my reaction would involve setting up some kind of ambush with the intent of leaving a marker injury on the peeping Tom.

Once when there was a rash of robberies in our neighborhood, my dad placed our bikes in the middle of the driveway and spent the night in the bushes with a shotgun in his hand. His goal was to aim for feet and legs but a shotgun's not exactly a precision instrument. Fortunately for his criminal record if the thieves even came by, the bikes propped up in the middle of the driveway were just too obvious (dad was never good with subtlety.)

I'm thinking one of these guys (http://www.amazon.com/Kawasaki-840088-Green-Million-Candle/dp/B000MZAKB2) to the face to disorient followed quickly by pepper spray or tear gas and paintballs would do the job. Add some cable ties for the wrists and I think I'd have less of a problem with peeping toms as opposed to a reflection that looks like an alien if you squint really hard and pretend you know what an alien looks like. I'd be famous in the local paper as that crazy son-of-a-cajun who you do not want to peep in on.

Heck, just giving the girls one of those lights would probably do the trick. Getting flashed in the face with one kills your night vision (also your day vision) for a long time. Is it my fault if I happened to leave a lot of garden hoses and cinder blocks laying around the window and he happens to trip while disoriented :)

War Lord
06-01-2008, 01:54 PM
I have to chime in here and have been meaning to do so for days.

I thought the God/Alien thing was a perfect analogy and even LOL'd, which is something I don't do often, just because it was a perfect match.

As for the video, total bs. Why aren't these crazy people locked up in a psych ward somewhere?

Archibaldo
06-01-2008, 11:43 PM
I've always wondered, why do the powers that be try to keep aliens all hushed up?

Why does Radio Shack ask for your phone number when you buy batteries?

Dechipher
06-01-2008, 11:50 PM

Why is it illegal to rip the tag off of your mattress?

AtmaWeapon
06-02-2008, 01:14 AM
Why does Radio Shack ask for your phone number when you buy batteries?Several would-be bombers have been caught by this. One night I spent too many hours reading tons of crime lab articles on court TV's web site, and some dude got caught because he happened to use Radio Shack parts and there were very few people in the area buying this combination of components.

The other reason is marketing, I suppose.

If it really bothers you, tons of other stores sell the same stuff without asking for a phone number.

Icey
06-02-2008, 02:31 AM
Total tangent, but it's illegal for the manufacturer to remove the tags - buyers are actually supposed to take them off. Although that's a hangover from another time and the reason is obsolete... you can find more info online.

And I definitely agree with Atma in terms of setting a trap for pepping toms. I would certainly have a camera, but I would do more - nothing violent or illegal, but an infrared camera located inside the house? Please. Nice protection, pops.

rock_nog
06-02-2008, 08:50 AM
I thought it had something to do with the fact that it's illegal to sell a used mattress, and ripping the tag off indicates that it's used.

And I gotta say... That image creeps me right the hell out. Fake or not, I'm gonna have nightmares about that thing peering into my window. I am, of course, referring to the picture of the crazy guy, not the alien (though it really is hard to tell which one is which).

Breaker
06-02-2008, 11:22 AM
no.. It is illegal for the store to rip it off - it has consumer info on it, but perfectly legal for you to rip it off at home. Infact, you most certainly should. This is to prevent companies from selling recovered old mattresses as new. I hate to scare you guys, but this does happen. The mattress you are sleeping on right now may be full of a homeless man's piss and cum.

Beldaran
06-02-2008, 12:45 PM
The mattress you are sleeping on right now may be full of a homeless man's piss and cum.

I know mine is. Don't get me wrong, it was brand new when I bought it. It's just that I like to invite homeless men over and watch them piss and cum on my bed.

AtmaWeapon
06-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Mine doesn't have either of those because I'm too cheap to pay for premium features.

Aegix Drakan
06-02-2008, 10:54 PM
The mattress you are sleeping on right now may be full of a homeless man's piss and cum.

...that's it. I'm sleeping on the couch tonight.

Beldaran
06-04-2008, 11:06 PM
It would be hilarious if the alien video turned out be a Rick Roll. And after showing it the guy just yells "Pwned!" and runs out of the room.

bigjoe
06-04-2008, 11:24 PM
That would own all ass, dude. Too bad it's not likely.

I thought commissions into extra-terrestrial affairs were just stuff you saw on Sim City.

AtmaWeapon
06-05-2008, 09:05 PM
It would be hilarious if the alien video turned out be a Rick Roll. And after showing it the guy just yells "Pwned!" and runs out of the room.I would totally paypal the dude $50 if he did that and have no regrets.

Dann Woolf
06-10-2008, 03:06 PM

Radio what?

I was asking a serious question. Assuming there IS life on other planets, why are the powers that be here on our simple little rock trying so hard to keep it hushed up?

I mean, there IS a reason for that, right?