PDA

View Full Version : Make Link Invisible via Scripting?

ScaryBinary
05-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Is there anyway to make Link invisible via scripting? I couldn't find any method/property to set the "Invisible Link" Screen Flag, and when I tried to move him off the screen by setting, for example, Link->X = -32, it just moved him to the edge of the screen (at X = 0), not off it.

The only other thing I can think of (if there isn't an easy way I'm missing) would be to give him a special item that sets the tile modifier to a transparent tile....but I don't how that would work as far as making him visible again.

:confused:

Russ
05-27-2008, 07:23 PM
The only way is to make a custom item with a Link Tile Modifier that sets Link's sprites to transparent. Give Link the item via script to make him invisible, and take it away with the script to turn him visible again.

ScaryBinary
05-27-2008, 08:16 PM
I'll forge ahead with that approach then.

Can I just "give" Link the item via script, or do I have to spawn the item so that Link actually picks it up?

Thanks for the help!

C-Dawg
05-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Give it to him.

int item_id_number = 0; // Make this equal the item id.

Link->Item[item_id_number] = true;

ScaryBinary
05-27-2008, 09:19 PM
Cool.

I only asked because I remembered reading something about how giving Link items in that manner didn't always ...do... the item-y stuff that was associated with getting an item.

:odd:

OK, so I don't know what the heck I'm talking about. Maybe it was giving Link a Triforce piece or something.

Russ
05-27-2008, 09:20 PM
I think it was a bug trying to make Link invincible by giving him a clock that you're remembering.