PDA

View Full Version : Layer Lock and Layer Toggle, Please

CJC
05-26-2008, 10:10 PM
I am in need of two highly advanced scripts which may or may not be possible in the current build (798).

1.) I need a script that locks one layer (Particularly Layer 3) on the screen after warping to a different DMap. I would assume it would have to be a Global script, but I'm unsure if it is even possible. The layer needs to remain on screen as Link moves from room to room, without scrolling. The only time the layer is removed is when a warp occurs, resetting it to the first layer of the same number on the new Dmap.
2.) I would like a script that toggles a layer (a selectable layer, preferably) on or off depending on screen conditions [Which I believe I can handle].

I know this is a hefty request. If it is possible, please lend me your talents.

C-Dawg
05-26-2008, 11:22 PM
I don't know about "locking a layer," but you could easily make a script that draws a particular series of tiles on layer 3. That should accomplish the same effect. And you could easily turn it on and off.

CJC
05-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Well, that would solve the layer toggle problem, but would those tiles scroll with Link when he moves from screen to screen? And if they would, what would I have to do to contradict that scrolling?

(Plus, I don't know where to start. If you could point me to a thread with similar drawtile functions or write a script shell for me to fill, that would be fantastic.)

Master Maniac
05-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Well, that would solve the layer toggle problem, but would those tiles scroll with Link when he moves from screen to screen? And if they would, what would I have to do to contradict that scrolling?

(Plus, I don't know where to start. If you could point me to a thread with similar drawtile functions or write a script shell for me to fill, that would be fantastic.)

it wouldnt be hard... as long as you used screen->drawtile. check the .txt

CJC
05-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Well, I've learned how to use Drawtile. However, it does not help me at all with the "Layer Lock" problem. Even on a global script, the drawn tiles disappear and then reappear when Link scrolls from screen to screen.
I don't know how to remedy this. Help?

_L_
05-30-2008, 11:59 PM
Currently scripts cannot do anything while the screen is scrolling. Sorry, fellers!