PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Catch Alaskan Storm

Blisspath
05-26-2008, 07:11 PM
The graphics looked a little weak but I'm still going to buy this game when it comes out in a couple of weeks. I have been on shrimp boats in the gulf and consider myself to be a decent sailor, but those guys on the crab boats seem to be out of their mind. Still I would go for a month or so if I had a chance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ck8Voz9pO4&feature=related

Brasel
05-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Dude, a game about catching crabs. I mean, there's been fishing games before, and I understand that this is way more intense than fishing is...but I mean, how fun could this game possibly be? I can't imagine much. I think a game about catching the other kind of crabs would be more fun...at least then you get to have sex.

Cloral
05-27-2008, 01:08 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2008/20080229.jpg

If the game was like that I might consider getting it.

Dechipher
05-27-2008, 01:13 PM
The music is pretty badass, actually. It reminds me of ISIS

rock_nog
05-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Dude, a game about catching crabs. I mean, there's been fishing games before, and I understand that this is way more intense than fishing is...but I mean, how fun could this game possibly be? I can't imagine much. I think a game about catching the other kind of crabs would be more fun...at least then you get to have sex.
You know, there's a surprising amount of depth there. Catching the crabs is only half of it. Your next goal is to then get rid of said crabs. Hell, you could make a game out of that in itself.

Warlock
05-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Man, if the fishermen were really that slow the Captain would be bitching at them :P That clip was a little on the boring side :P

I wonder if you'll have to battle ice and waves and storms, etc. That would be more interesting.

DarkDragoonX
05-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Well Blisspath, this Deadliest Catch game may be something you love, and more power to you if it is, but personally, the day I buy a game about catching crabs is the day my cat beats Deep Blue in a game of chess.

Beldaran
05-27-2008, 05:51 PM
You know you are spoiled when you start playing computer simulations of menial labor that other people actually have to do.

AtmaWeapon
05-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Actually I wouldn't consider this menial labor. In general, I'd consider a job that pays a years' salary in a few months to be something you do by choice, as compared to people who collect trash for minimum wage because they aren't qualified to do anything else.