PDA

View Full Version : Landstalker spiritual successor?

DarkDragoonX
05-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Everybody knows about Climax and their amazing Genesis title Landstalker. Easily one of the greatest titles of the 16-bit era, and one of my favorite games of all time. The Landstalker team was also behind the original Alundra, another one of my all-time favorites. There was a similar SNES game named Ladystalker (it's not what it sounds like) which I never played much of, being unable to read crazy martian language, but from what I did play, it seemed extremely good as well.

Well, it looks like Climax is making another Landstalker-esque title for the DS by the name of Steal Princess. (http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=613510200710101026061bipi7.jpg) I don't really know anything about it, but I MUST HAVE IT. Sadly, the odds of us ever seeing it reach US shores are somewhere between "slim" and "fat chance," but I can always dream.

Cloral
05-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Well if it is anything like Landstalker or Alundra then I would enjoy playing it. Who knows, maybe it will make it here after all.

ShadowTiger
05-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Oh man, it does look pretty good from the screenshots alone. I generally don't like to say things like that, but I love 3D'ish platformer slashers. A Mix of Faxanadu and Solstice and an RPG.

If only. >.<