PDA

View Full Version : PAA:OTRSPOD:E1

Cloral
05-22-2008, 06:50 PM
I'm referring of course to the Penny Arcade Adventures game. I just wanted to type that whole acronym out. :)

I downloaded the demo on the 360 and tried it out. I thought the art style and the dialog was fairly good, but I can't say I liked the actual play mechanic. Of course they don't give you much to try in the demo. So has anyone tried the whole thing? Any impressions?

rock_nog
05-22-2008, 08:16 PM
I also downloaded the demo. I love the fact that your character appears in the 2D animated cutscenes - wasn't expecting that. The dialog was great, but I also didn't like the mechanics too much - not much of an RPG fan anyway. I especially hated how it took so long to charge attacks - so it's like, you're literally just sitting there with nothing to do in the middle of combat.

DarkDragoonX
05-22-2008, 08:54 PM
I actually enjoy the combat system... it's just Final Fantasy ATB, really, with the addition of timed defense. Very old-school, I love it. The art and writing is wonderful, too. I'll probably buy the full version this weekend.

Masamune
05-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Reminds me of Super Mario RPG. :)

vegeta1215
05-22-2008, 10:55 PM
I've only read a little bit about the game before today. I'm definitely interested in it since I regularly read Penny Arcade.

But I have no idea how it plays... I might download the demo and check it out on our Mac. I'm reluctant to buy it though cause I know I'll want the remaining episodes (whenever they come out) if I like this one, and those will likely be $20 a pop too, which is a lot imo. I'm sure they'll bundle them once all the episodes are done though.