PDA

View Full Version : It's a small world after all

Dechipher
05-22-2008, 03:57 AM
I went to see Indy 4 tonight, and who should I bump into but Kolt, also known as Ctrl+Alt+Del. I texted him the message "I'm watching you. At least, I think I am" or something, and he called me cause he didn't recognize the number. He sounded fairly stressed. I caught him after the movie.
The movie was fine, though in the last five minutes the film cut out. I was somewhat disappointed with the ridiculousness of it, but that's Indiana Jones for you.

Breaker
05-22-2008, 04:36 AM
Wow that sucks.. did you get your money back?

Beldaran
05-22-2008, 05:25 AM
disappointed with the ridiculousness of it

haha, you've seen the old ones right? I mean, come on.

Dechipher
05-22-2008, 12:15 PM
When you go to Indiana Jones, you have to suspend your disbelief. But this took it to a new level.

And Breaker, it took them like 15 minutes, but the finally fixed it, though it definitely messed up the experience.

The crowd was cool. They were definitely into the movie. I had some stupid people behind me talking the whole time. About halfway through I shhed them. Why do people insist on talking in movies?

ctrl-alt-delete
05-22-2008, 01:12 PM
I went to see Indy 4 tonight, and who should I bump into but Kolt, also known as Ctrl+Alt+Del. I texted him the message "I'm watching you. At least, I think I am" or something, and he called me cause he didn't recognize the number. He sounded fairly stressed. I caught him after the movie.
The movie was fine, though in the last five minutes the film cut out. I was somewhat disappointed with the ridiculousness of it, but that's Indiana Jones for you.

Interesting you should say that I sounded stressed, because I definitely have been. In fact, the past couple of days I have been suffering from some major headaches because of it. Good to see you. Again, we need to hangout soon.

Wow that sucks.. did you get your money back?

Some of us hung out afterwards until they handed out free passes. Harkins is a really great theater, and Cine Capri only stands next to Warren now, which was just built...but the drive is not worth is with gas prices.

Anyways, same thing happened last week during Prince Caspian...so I have four free movie tickets for Bailee and myself.

haha, you've seen the old ones right? I mean, come on.

Like Dech said...this is a whole new level. I enjoyed the movie...definitely worth seeing, even if it is only for the nostalgia...but still...it was out there.

When you go to Indiana Jones, you have to suspend your disbelief. But this took it to a new level.

And Breaker, it took them like 15 minutes, but the finally fixed it, though it definitely messed up the experience.

The crowd was cool. They were definitely into the movie. I had some stupid people behind me talking the whole time. About halfway through I shhed them. Why do people insist on talking in movies?

Because they are black...

Oh snap!

AtmaWeapon
05-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah I don't really get the reviewers these days. They'll watch a movie like Speed Racer: the Movie and hold it to the same standard as Gone with the Wind. Not every movie desires to be a classic.

I haven't seen the new Indy movie yet but I am stoked.

Starkist
05-22-2008, 09:02 PM
Both Star Wars and Indiana Jones were deliberately made in homage to the old serials of the 30s and 40s. Too many movies these days take themselves way too seriously.

Beldaran
05-22-2008, 10:53 PM
I saw Indiana Jones today and it totally rocked! As Starkist said, it modeled itself after campy serials and it is so fun and awesome.

Kate Blanchet = enjoyable sex fantasy

Skulkraken
05-24-2008, 06:02 PM
You guys are making me want to watch this movie now.

Also,
-=SPOILER=-

With a thread title like that, it needed to be said. :p